Gears of the Dreadlands. The problem is not the set. The problem is Strafe

They do. But generators are only fired if enemies are in range, so you get no hatred just by strafing through empty areas.

Ah, that’s the reason for my confusion, then. But then it’s sort of the same problem. There’s lots of open spaces, even in dense rifts and grifts that make strafing non-stop like Barbs do with Whirlwind thanks to the Bul-Kathos swords a no-go.

1 Like

Jep. And that’s the reason why I would like to see momentum stacks last longer (maybe 5 seconds at max before they start to fall off one by one?).

2 Likes

I’d like them to do that.

DiE has some good points too.

So maybe something they could do is make the 4 piece make Strafe not consume hatred in addition to firing your generators. The two piece would then also make strafe stack momentum.

But really, that just makes it “WhirlRend Light” because of Strafe’s inherent flaws. I might play the set but really it would just be better to play Barb and WhirlRend to get the same feeling with better results.

I can’t like this more. Too many people want the new set to be a strafe machine gun, forget about the fact that everything should have a cost. If we want to use the new set push high, it better requires some skill.

1 Like

the momentum stacking is not working right on so many levels it does not always a stack when you hit a target you can see this clearly with bolas you have to actually click on the target and basicly tank it to maintain a max stack and if it dies sometimes stacks just drop or don’t even . Attack speed should make it stack faster but it doesnt its just really inconsistent .

takes no skill to play if it had a objective other than maintaining a ten stack and releasing it with strafe which only requires machine gun clicking it might work correctly .doing 108s with all lightning build so yeah thats how it works best other than the impale version of it which unhallowed works better actually .

All I would like is to see a momentum stack every time my primary hits a target and not only on the targets that don’t die with one hit. If the momentum is for mobility also then it should work all of the time at all levels . At max level there doesn’t seem to be much problems it feels very regulated and non effected by attack speed but it works . At lower levels it is really flawed maintaining a stack of momentum is near to impossible with out tuning down your dps and then still its flawed .

im not going to stop asking for a strafe dh.
this set should be played with just strafe.

1 Like

My problem with the set is how poorly explained it is. It currently doesn’t play the way the set description leads you to believe it should. Stack 20 seconds of momentum via primary, strafe for almost 20 seconds, rebuild momentum, repeat. If we weren’t intended to make use of strafe to fire the primary to deal damage, why bother with strafe at all? Else, all they want is “shoot primary to build momentum, enjoy 200% dmg buff to primary”. I can’t believe thats what the intention was, but that’s currently how it feels.

I was gonna reply but really I just don’t even see the point cause I feel you lack the comprehension level to understand.

Look, I’m not fully enjoying GoD6 or any hybrid form at the moment either, but that’s on me for the most part.

Personally I don’t like having to strafe around to Entangle Shot every monster on my screen just to have to try to re-apply the effects again in under 4 seconds. Entangling Shot to me feels like it needs to last longer…But seriously, like I said, it’s on me cause I’m failing to adapt to the requirements to be successful.

Also single target or just trying to kill elites when there isn’t a pack of monsters just feels really weak to me. It feels like sometimes the pierces just random blow their blues when I have monsters bunched up, yellow elites can take dam forever to kill. Again, another playstyle I don’t want to conform to right now with a new set.

I love using Hungering Arrow + Bolas cause the pull is pretty badass…But it doesn’t really seem to last that long, monsters after a second or so just kinda scatter.

N6GoD4 is tanky as hell and thats what I like. You can use either Sentry Polar Station or Guardian Turret. But it’s still kinda meh.

I’m not here trying to complain about the set or anything. I did Gr110 in PTR 1.0, then immediately did Gr115 in PTR 2.0. Tried to do Gr120 and the wall I hit is like 10ft thick. But I’m not an innovator like alot of these other players can be. I tried a couple things, like really only 2-3 builds mostly, that I thought looked interesting and thought it may work and haven’t really tried anything else.

So maybe the problem is you. You can’t please everyone. It feels like 90% of the players are asking for and expecting this Spin-2-Win bullsht. If thats what Bliz gave us, another 90% of the playerbase would be complaining about it.

Unfortunately I feel like you’d be part of the 90% either way it goes.

I said this on stream with Dieoxide before: N6G4 isn’t optimal because you trade 2 rings, a weapon, and a skill slot to be able to use it. What you gain is ~40% damage and 60% toughness.

Elusive Ring by itself will give you that 60% toughness for 1 ring and a Convention of Elements will give you more than 40% damage averaged over time.

That said, if you like the playstyle go ahead but I would say try the build I used to clear GR125!

2 Likes

I’m enjoying N6G4 way more than any G6 build. Feels much tankier as well as easier to play.

I don’t need top spec, I just need something in D3 to actually be enjoyable.

1 Like

Exactly this. I personally play seasons only long enough to complete the journey and like doing so with an enjoyable build. G6 isn’t enjoyable in the slightest.

1 Like

It will probably be one my favorite build once it is on Live with much less lag compared to the Commodore64 PTR server.

1 Like