Gears of dreadlands bug

My demon hunter is equipped with the gears of dreadland set and a bow. I have been frequently experiencing the inability to accumulate momentum stacks. I usually just return to town if possible and when I return to the dungeon or field the stacks resume accumulating. Also, despite having this set equipped and each piece augmented with level 125 gems my character appears to not be dealing damage that is comparable to other demon hunters with similar builds and even to lower level players.

2 Likes

Since your profile is unavailable, it is difficult to tell if you have something set up wrong. In the past, the Calamity bow was the chief cause of this bug. It has supposedly been fixed, but I havenā€™t tested it since that is a useless weapon. If you do have that equipped or cubed, you might want to try something else.

As for your lack of damage, without your profile to examine it is impossible to tell, but it is most likely user error rather than a bug. I recommend checking your gear against the builds listed on sites like Icy Veins or Maxroll.

Even though the momentum stack gain bug is supposed to be fixed, Iā€™ve personally still noticed a slight inconsistency in the stack gains. While itā€™s much better than before the bug fix, itā€™s not entirely gone away. However Iā€™ve never experienced a complete loss of the ability to gain stacks.

Also I never use Calamity as it is still hilariously bad weapon choice, even after the bug fix to the stack gains.

2 Likes

I have experienced this 3 times today. Each time was in a 2-4 man party in a GR. The only remedy was to teleport to town and re-enter the GR. I was the main DPS, and the other 1-3 were low level player/s.

1 Like

Its better, but def something bug is still there. Its annoying when you hit that bug.

**To Blizz, just revert GOD Nerf :slight_smile: we promise not to fish for time bubbles.

I am still having this issue. My strafe will be slower than if I just made her walk. I always have to port to town wait a second and go back in. My Damage shows me at 4,714,030 but it drops considerably during game play, even with applied buffs. The movement issue is the worst though, especially when in a high lvl gr trying to beat the timer. Not getting away from mobs and having to revive because of it.

Strange. Is this in groups? Iā€™ve never run into this issue where I canā€™t gain Momentum. Occasionally, it doesnā€™t register me firing my primary, but only a one or two shots before it starts registering. Never had an issue where there is a prolonged period where it doesnā€™t gain Momentum. But then, I play solo only. Another thing could be lag.

The damage issue is something different. You are using Sharpshooter passive, which artifically inflates your sheet damage since it increases your CHC to 100% until you hit an enemy. So looking at your sheet damage in town will show an artificially high number.

2 Likes

I can confirm. Same, GOD def feels wayyy different since whatever they did to fix the infinite dmg bug last season. Its not just groups, solo too.
Before whatever change nerf they did to cap the pierce, and those stupid 150 GR in 30sā€¦The momentum stack doesnt trigger like when it was first introduced. Sometimes it will drop from 20 to 10 even if you are using primaryā€¦then go back upā€¦
Might be a hidden proc rate change, but happens with all weps, Fortress, Dawn, Yangs

I think the fix to the infinite damge worked, but the underlying bug is still there to an extentā€¦
If you played GOD when it was first intro vs. now (not talking about the nerf) it is a different feeling stacking momentum

This definitely is a clue. I also play pretty much exclusively solo which could explain why I havenā€™t encountered this bug either. Thereā€™s likely some interaction between players which causes the GoD 2-piece bonus to glitch, possibly even related to the ā€œinfiniteā€ stacks bug fix.

Definitely warrants deeper investigation.

I play solo with full set GoD, use a Dawn and a Fortress. My problem is that momentum stacks decrease when I use Strafe, makes me stop and tap primary skill until full stacks. Sometimes in higher GR, stacks doesnā€™t count even when I tap primary, until I die or use portal. Iā€™m very confused about that

While strafing you are able to tap the hungering arrow key every few seconds to maintain stacks. There is a bug associated with high attack speed which can cause this problem, the solution is to not have attack speed bonus on too much of your gear, one or two parts is ok but more than that can cause the bug.

Basically, trim your attack speed bonus down until this doesnā€™t happen.

2 Likes

This is NOT a bug.

This is how GoD works. Every time you manually fire your Primary, you gain 4 Momentum Stacks. For every second you channel Strafe you lose 1 Stack. (When Strafe automatically fires your Primary, it DOES NOT count toward your Stacks).

The idea is to enter a hostile area and manually fire off 5 Primary shots. (5 x 4 = 20 Stacks). Now, you have a choice:

1. You can Strafe and manually fire a Primary shot every second to try and maintain 20 Stacks.

1. Or, you can Strafe and manually fire a Primary shot every 4 seconds, jumping from 16 Stacks back up to 20 Stacks.

Timing is everything.

This IS the bug that is more recently being reported.

3 Likes

At the moment, my Internet connection is unstable and at times when the Internet lags this bug happens more often

I have the full set and am experiencing this. I havenā€™t seen it work even once. I tried removing Calamity, removing hand x-bows, I have tried everything mentioned online. I dont know what else to doā€¦ This BUG is still a problem, and blizzard needs to reopen the SW ticket to fix this!

What is your attack speed bonus at? If you have a high bonus attack speed it glitches. I would recommend rerolling any gear with attack speed bonus on it (if any). The Paragon attack speed should not be enough to glitch it, but you might want to try resetting that to no points on attack speed and see if that helps any.

Using hand x-bows is not an issue. I always use Dawn and Fortress without any problems ever.

I have been playing GoD since the time it was added and the only time this was a problem was an issue of too much added attack speed.

It looks like you have 27 percent additional attack speed combined from your bow, quiver and one ring. Also, you donā€™t have a Ninth Cirri Satchel which is pretty much required for the set to function.

1 Like

I have been experiencing the same bug. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but my non-seasonal DH from that I made last lost season would fire my primary skill while I strafed and itā€™s not firing at all now. Like Iā€™m not even getting g h tn e focus and restraint bonus for firing my main skill not a buff to my momentumā€¦. Whatā€™s the point in even having this set if it doesnā€™t do what it says it ls supposed to do? Oh and earlier I was switching from my glitchy GoD to my shadow impale and the game just LOST a level 72 legendary gem and my legendary potion keeps reverting back to a regular red healing potion. Iā€™m not sure how I make my character inventory available to yā€™all but if you would please explain I would be glad to show you what Iā€™m wearing I think the only thing Iā€™m missing is Hunter ā€˜s wrath

Now i was affected by momentum stacking bug in two situations. Attack speed is higher than some threshold and lags. Maybe that second inflicts first even.