Gearing Followers post 2.7

Already answered, earlier in the thread…
https://maxroll.gg/resources/follower-mechanics#Basic-Mechanics

• Other stats that work on Followers are: Area Damage, Attack Speed, Block Chance, Cooldown Reduction (only for Templars Heal), Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage (capped at 150%), Elemental Damage, Damage vs Elites, Life per Hit, Life per Kill and Life %.
    [/quote]

Thoughts on Bul-Bathos’s Bedding Band on follower? Does the life steal work against RGs?

1 Like

I think this might just put mobs to sleep. :wink:

I suspect that, even if it does, it’d barely tickle them.
Or did you mean in terms of keeping a follower alive from the steal?

This i want to know too.

1 Like

Ok sorry my bad. Thanks for the correction.

So thorns work on them? It’d be fun seeing mobs get killed by their own hits on the follower on lower levels. I need to try this :grin:

It does work but it’s drain and not life steal on hit. Bul-Kathos’ band drains 0.4% of current health of mobs around the bearer without needing to hit them, regardless of damage output. It’s an aura ability just like Death’s Bargain.

Not sure about it as wiki don’t say anything but that’s what I vaguely remember. I know that small legendary axe named Hack works on them.

1 Like

I like thorns, and Hack is good, i’m happy. :grin:
Need to test thorns on them first tho. But IF it works, i know just the perfect items to put on my templar, to help my thonssader.

I’ve never tested Thorns on followers but based on my experience with it on characters, it’ll never do enough damage to be consequential in upper Torments. It’d probably be a factor 1-70 though.

I was just thinking of it as extra dps from the follower for long single target fights such as RG.

for whatever reason i dont feel compelled to watch youtube videos with guys on the thumbnail that look like keemstar

Now this is interesting :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve been assuming thorns doesn’t work because thorns doesn’t show up on the followers’ details sheet… while things like gaining “non-physical damage reduction” from the legendary gem Esoteric Alteration does show up on their details page.

Meanwhile, on details for Life Steal, the details sheet for followers says that it works at lower levels but that at level 70 life steal stops functioning.

Thorns does work, but yes it dosen’t show up in their stat page. You’ll have to count the amount of thorns damage they’ll have.