Game regularly freezes

My guildmate told me to uninstall windows update if it’s 20xx version and it worked for him.
I personally use Ubuntu and no freeze anymore.

after months of the problem, I finally solved it. On Windows 10 right click desktop, display settings, graphic settings, TURN OFF VARIABLE REFRESH RATE.
I can now max all the in game video settings and no problem.

Posting this on another thread, but wanted to also reply to this one:

I started playing the game again after several years. 10 days into it, not one single issue. Then I turned the sound off (cntrl + S) because I wanted to listen to my own music. IMMEDIATELY I started having freezing issues in the game, at times it would lock up and I would have to reboot. This would happen almost every run. I thought that it was maybe my music player, but no, shutting that down didnt help.

I couldnt figure it out why I suddenly had these major issues while I had been playing for so long flawlessly, then I had a wild hair… could it be due to just turning the sound off?

I went back and cntrl + S again, turned the sound on, played for 4 hrs, with no problems at all.

Tried it again with the sound disabled, and the freezing came right back.

So if anyone here has disabled sound, try turning it BACK ON, and see if that fixes your freezing, I dont know why having it off would cause it, but it did for me.

PS-- Just turning the music off had no effect, I had to turn the sound completely off for it to start the issue.