First I tried to fix it.
- I rested the cache folder.
- I used “Scan and Repair” option in the Battle.net App for Diablo III.
- I downgraded the graphic card driver to the last official Windows 8.1 x64 version Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 from AMD. Normally I use the Windows 7 x64 Driver under Windows 8.1 Pro x64.
- I upgraded the Radeon Software to 20.11.1. I used the Windows 7 x64 driver.
- I run the “dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” command to check and repair the Windows 8.1 Pro x64 component store.
- I used “sfc /scannow” to check and repair Windows 8.1 Pro x64
- I checked the partition D:\ with the “chkdsk /F”.
None of these steps solved my problem.
If I start the Quest “Fall of the high Heavens” I got a crash if I go to Thyreal. The problem is 100% reproducible.
If I start the quest “Heart of Sin, kill Azmodan” and end them I can change to Act V. After the port to Act V I can end the quest “Fall of the high Heavens” without any issues.
The issues started with patch V2.6.10
I got a another crash if I start in the adventure mode. If you start in Act I and you try to port to Act II “City of Caldeum” you also got a crash.
D3Debug.txt If you start in Act I and you try to port to Act II “City of Caldeum” you got a crash.
D3Debug.txt Crash if you start with quest “Fall of the high Heavens”.
Crash Report ID: 0B8D714E-F2D4-4C1D-943F-A2AC2FBA2037
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB V-Ram
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0
OS: Windows 8.1 Pro x64