Game freezes at various triggers

So I know there’s a lot of topics about game freezes/crashed, but none of the topics I found fully seem fit my problem so I’m making a new one.

My game has been freezing with specific inputs for a while now - many seasons. It’s not 100% reproducible, but it’s been when I access achievements (my own or others), access my cosmetic items interface (pets, wings, etc), and checking leaderboards. It’s gotten more frequent this season and has now started to include freezing on the loading screen, for instance when porting back to town.

When it freezes I can still move my mouse and I can even hit keys to bring up my start menu, but it doesn’t let me actually access any other tabs/pages. The game screen remains up unless I ctrl+alt+del, at which point I sign out of my windows and sign back in a reload the game.

I’ve tried the repair tool multiple times, I’ve tried complete uninstalls and reinstalls, I’ve checked and updated all of my drivers to no avail. It’s insanely frustrating to keep having to deal with this and I’m getting to my wits end with it. Any ideas on how to get this to stop would be greatly appreciated.

these freezes and crashes have been known and reported since launch 9+ years ago, so far there has been very little to nothing done about it.