Game DC and wont login back

I am on loading screen… (after click star/resume) and it’s loading… forever…

then “game connection has been lost”

1 Like

I am having the same issue as well. Only Malthael to kill and I have my 6 set too.

1 Like

Yep. My game crashed 10mins ago, cant connect to any new games “game connection lost”.

Same here, just for Americas though. Can log into Asia fine.

Asia didn’t work for me :frowning:

Australian playing on NA servers. Cant make a fresh game but can join existing games.

same, has anybody sent in a ticket to make blizzard aware?

By default you should be connecting to your local server in AUS (Sydney). You can force the game to connect to the Los Angeles datacenter instead. To do this, you can use command line arguments in the launcher. Connecting to LA may result in more lag, but if it is more stable then at least you can play. See instructions below. Worth trying and easy to undo if it does not help.

Selecting a Server in Diablo 3

Original Author: Narull

Updated with intro and SA information by: MissCheetah

By default the game will place you on the server closest to you geographically. Sometimes you may want to force the game to play on the server of your choice instead, either for matchmaking or performance. Narull provided great instructions and screen captures.

1. Close Diablo III and open the launcher, click the little arrow up the top left and select ‘Settings’:

1. In the new window select ‘Game Settings’:

1. Tick the box for ‘Additional command line arguments’ and in the new command line put the following:
  • If you want to always connect to the US Server in Los Angeles: OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default

• If you want to always connect to the ANZ Server:
    OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=AU1

• If you want to always connect to the South America Server: OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=SA1

So it should look like this: (except use the command for the server you want!. The example is for the AU server - to connect to the LA server use the Default one listed above.)

Click ‘Done’ and run Diablo III, BAM done! It’s that simple.

1 Like

Wow, thanks Miss Cheetah!
What would we do without you?! :open_mouth:

Did it work though? That is the important part.

Don’t use the AU1 setting. That keeps it on the AU server. Use the one for the US server.

If you want to always connect to the US Server in Los Angeles: OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default

Worked for me, thanks!
Weird though, as I already had it set to Americas in the client. Does the default setting connect me to Americas via AUS server or something?

1 Like

Ah oops, this has worked thanks.

1 Like

I understand you don’t want to. However, both are NA region so all the data is the same. The only change is latency.

If you don’t want to try connecting to the servers in LA, then you can wait until whatever is going on with the ANZ local server/internet connections, to be fixed.

If you don’t have the command line argument in there it will go to the local version of the “Americas region”. So, if you are in AUS it will connect you to AU1 in Sydney.

If you put in the command line for the LA server then it forces a connection to that one instead. More latency, but same Americas data.

Once issues are resolved, remember to remove the command line argument so it goes back to your local server.

3 Likes

It worked for my friend!
I have been distracted by an RPG forum… going to test now…

EDIT
Yes, it worked!
You’re da best Miss Cheetah! :heart: :heard_and_mc_donald_islands:

1 Like

They are aware. I posted the issue to the MVP Discord and CS just put out a Twitter alert. I am sure they have tons of reports!

1 Like

unable to join any game on oce/aus server, can join US friends games but not any aus games in the last 15 mins after getting kicked out

Thank you for your reports! As mentioned, this was a known issue with connections to the oceanic servers. This should be cleared up now, is anyone still experiencing issues with connecting to the oceanic servers?

This was posted at 6am (Brisbane time) :slight_smile:
Was in bed! :open_mouth:
And now at work…
I hope it works tonight, thanks for the quick good work! :slight_smile: