Game Crashes On Start-Up

Whenever I try and play Diablo 3 it gets to a gray screen then just opens up the crash menu, I also tried to open up the Diablo 3 PTR (which is on a different storage device from actual Diablo, the original is on my C drive while the PTR is on my D drive, both crash). I have reinstalled both Diablo 3, and the battle.net apps. I have tried everything from the “Diablo III Locking and Crashing” support fourm. I have restarted windows 3 times, installed my GPU drivers again (RTX 2000 series card). Ive closed out of every app I could in Task Manager, including all my Razer Synapse apps. So just looking for a fix if one exists, thanks.

You may need to uninstall Razer softwares. Read the pinned post Known Technical Support Issues - [Updated June 21, 2020!] on Technical Support forum for details.
If you don’t want to uninstall them, use the workaround by changing a line in the pref file. Procedure is also stated in the linked post above.

If that doesn’t help, post on Technical Support forum because crash is a technical issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the article link, did not know it existed. Disabling Razer Chroma in the d3prefs fixed the issue, so Thank You!