Future PTR Testing

I have a feeling we will be seeing a PTR soon’ish for the next two class sets, so I just wanted to once again request that PTR testing last longer than a week.

PTR testing has a Goldilocks flow to it in my opinion. It usually takes 3 tries to really reach the sweet spot. If you only test changes on the PTR for one week/iteration, it’ll be impossible to go live with a good design and balance.

Therefore, PTR testing needs to be at least two weeks/iterations. Then when the patch goes live, but before the season starts, you can give it a final pass through and find the truly sweet spot.

1 Like

You’re in luck, Matthew earlier confirmed that the coming PTR will last for a fortnight :blush:

2 Likes

Aha.

Just posted earlier this morning too. Should have scanned the more recent posts first before posting.

Cheers.

2 Likes

The season just passed 1 month. PTR is still at least 5-6 weeks out… Time to chill and play the current season.

I don’t play Seasons.

Season started 6 weeks ago.

Assuming 3 months per season, we’re at the half way point.

If we’re at the half way point, PTR should be getting finalized soon and be put up in 3-4 weeks. If PTR is less than a month out, it means we have to start speaking up now if we want PTRs to be 2-3 weeks long instead of 1 week.

The Barbs overran the forum with complaining last time, what group will it be this time.
All the kids want are buffs, buffs, and even more buffs. Bring on D4 already.

The more Buffs the better!

Not all buffs.

Don’t need the rich getting richer.

1 Like