Future Barbarian Changes - Predictions

Blizz put up a blog post about how they’re planning to keep updating Diablo 3. I think it would be fun to put up predictions and see if we can guess changes based on what Blizzard has done in the past.

I’ll start.

New Class Set: Reluctant Developer’s Obligation

• Overpower now consumes whatever Belt is in your belt slot to deal 100% increased damage per enemy hit

• Damage is tripled if you’re wearing Saffron Wrap

• While using Overpower and for 5 seconds afterwards, you deal 500% increased damage but your Fury goes to 0

Okay that one’s a joke but you get the point. Here’s some real predictions:

• Frenzy is getting massive buffs
  • Wrath of the Berserker will be changed somehow
  • Barb Thorns passive, Tough as Nails, will be reworked, it’s way too niche right now
  • The new set will be Weapon Throw oriented
  • Whirlwind / Dust Devils will never be fixed
4 Likes

I am leaning towards pure generator set. It is easier for Blizz to make set for those instead of fixing existing items and making new ones as needed

Maybe but it may be more of Morticks effect than anything. Meaning a fact that Morticks are coming bacl may result in some stuff not working as they suppose it will and this will result in WoTB rework

I think this ship has sailed long time ago, if thorns will be viable for Barbs it won’t happen via this skill. They already changed it once, what are the chances of them doing it again while rest of our miserable passive skills are in need for very long time

Ditto my comment on Frenzy. I think logical move would be pure generator set, since ongoing interaction between IK and Reakors is making it nearly impossible to get it right. I salute Free and Rage for their work on Barb’s “what we want” list but 99% of this stuff will not happen in the way they hope(d). JY Blizzard was somehow listening to players suggestions, Post Yang Blizzard doesn’t do it. They want to be in charge of the changes, they don’t incorporate demands. Reminds me of Rumble rework, back than I didn’t ask for specific solution to idiotic GoG interaction with MoTE, I pointed out the stupidity of it and explained why it is wrong for seismic slam to compete with both Boulder Toss and another skill on the bar. They comeup with perfect fix themselves, I only had to underline the problem about 20 times. Same was with BK buff. Don Vu made the buff in record time, but buff was not done in any of the ways it was proposed by players.

As much as it saddens me, you may be right Arch. It is really easy to fix though, but I don’t know how much Blizz is afraid of community reaction.

For now I still spin elsewhere. Morticks are not enough.