Fun/underrated builds?

hello all,

i read this thread but i don’t know of these builds . only playing sunwuko/bell and barb/ww.

can someone is this beautiful assembly give me some links for some builds fun to play ? i don’t want to put GR , just find some fun to play.

thanks to you and good game.

Because I found an Ancient Velvet Cameral, I paired it with Mikan’s ball of hate, Odens Sun, simplicity’s strength and tried to make a viable chain lightning build. To remind me of D1 where you could clear entire levels with chain lightning. Not as effective in D3 but pretty good nostalgia anyway.

4 Likes

I would like if my Crusader to be able to cast Blessed Hammer while on the move! and of course this Hammers orbits you as you move like in Dominion rune. :smiley:

for example:

Justinian’s Mercy - Blessed Hammer gains the effect of the Dominion rune and you can cast it while you move.

and for more crazy fun Blessed Hammer + Steed Charge! :star_struck: :heart_eyes: just imagine it! it will be supercrazyfastfarmbuild! sweeeeet :yum: :yum: :yum:

I like speed wiz for bouties. tal rasha parts with teleport calamity, aether walker, wand of woh or in-geom cubed, cosmic strang.

I really enjoy playing slowball Dh, or zombie bears WD. Probably one of my absolute favourites next to the old fear doc, or a really classic build, sacrifice.

Wizard Spectral Blade

1 Like

I really love the DH Strafe skill. Shooting everything while on the move is great. Just wish it had some better legendaries or a set. Also wish it didn’t require a bow when using the dagger rune.

4 Likes

Phalanx oriented build, still hope for some buff
https ://us .diablo3.com/en/profile/jeetkundo-21353/hero/108486955

I really love the original Helltoth WD.

Basically all decay skills, with Acid Cloud as the favourite.

Basically everything i mentioned in this collection of ideas.

I have high hopes for this Set…maybe there is some light in the future :expressionless:

3 Likes

As Eniac said:

That is a fun one. I also like Mirror Ball Magic Missile spam. Seeing how many I can get in the air has always been amusing for me.

Another favorite is my Super Frenzy Barb build. It gets a little silly when you get all the stacks you can.

Neither is end game or even farming, but they are amusing to see what happens when you get going:

https://youtu.be/dn3jliTJ4xA

I would love for the primary attacks of both to get much better with their new sets.

1 Like

Blizzard spent lot of development power for Necro’s revive skill and it is totally useless as it is. :frowning:

5 Likes

Necro pet build; Skellies, Mages, Golem and Revived minions. Please make this a thing! Pretty pretty please

6 Likes

Primary skills need to make a comeback. Right now they are all rather useless in endgame. And the Necro needs some love. None of their sets feel right, and the long cooldowns hurt play rather than feel tactical.

3 Likes

Mixed element Devouring Arrow w/ Bolas together (cold + fire). Bolas to tackle trash packs, switch to Devouring to finish off elites and the rift guardian.

The problem is there are too many items competing for top spot:

• Buriza
  • Leonine Bow
  • Ninth Cirri Satchel
  • Emimei’s Duffel
  • Dawn
  • Echoing Fury

It’d be nice if Emimei and Leonine’s legendary effects were combined into one item, with a nice juicy multiplier.

Maybe add a legendary effect on Ninth Cirri Satchel that increments and multiplies Hungering Arrow and Bolas generator damage by 25% each time HA pierces, the counter lasts 4 seconds. (like Akkhan’s Leniency behavior).

So in essence you’d herd trash while spamming Hungering Arrow, wait for the Ninth Cirri Satchel bonus to peak out, then bolas bolas bolas, switch back to HA to kill off the stragglers.

3 Likes

Hi Nevalistis,

How about Necromancer Revive Pet build? Julian and colleagues spent considerable effort on the art.

7 Likes

I miss the old version of DMO that had Slow Time deal damage.

5 Likes

I would like if my Demon Hunter to be able to shoots Primary skills while Strafe! :yum:

something like that: Strafe no longer deal damage/attack but shoots one of recently used Primary skills.

Personally I’d like to be able make use of either a black hole, hydra, blizzard, and/or mirror image build.

2 Likes

I like LON Frenzy Thorns and Cold Cluster Arrows which are underrated

I’ll try and limit my response. Here are a few Wizard builds that come to mind:

Twister or Lightning Meteor (non-channeled/manually cast).

• The pull from Ranslors worked well with the requirement for density with Pain Enhancer. The DoT damage from Twister really gave the feeling of siphoning life away from enemies, or conversely, the up-front damage from a hail of Meteors (especially with Tal2) was intense to maintain. Felt better than Etched Sigil because you could put out significantly more attacks in the right conditions. Seeking out and creating those conditions with Ranslor was a thrill.

Electrocute MH (or Electrocute).

• Very fun, but was never really strong enough compared to archon or AT:SD, and especially suffered vs low density / single target (stacks stricken slow, and really low proc rate vs RGs without adds). Required optimal positioning of the enemies, as they had to both be close for Pain Enhancer, but also close to one another, to ensure the Electrocute could continue it’s chain. This allowed for many varied scenarios in combat with which challenge the player, and was overall pretty engaging.

EB Channeled.

• Combined with Etched Sigil or even Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac for the cascade of explosions. One of the more interesting channeled builds because you can cast manually while channeling, without breaking the channel. Optimal positioning and maintaining channel for extra casts and quicker cooldowns was pretty fun. Since the build doesn’t have a pull by default, adding say, Black hole to the mix made for an interesting way to create density and keep enemies at bay, albeit at the cost of ES procs.

Hydra MH (or Hydra).

• I enjoyed the interaction of keeping up Pain Enhancer stacks to both Increase the attack speed of the Hydra, and damage of the Hydra MH procs. Striving to position the Hydra well and optimize the aid given to the Hydra produced a really nice feeling when they would come through with some really spectacular elite kills.

Arcane Orbit.

• I enjoyed the tankiness and laid back style of this build. The close range requirement for dealing damage was somewhat interesting as it makes the player position under enemy hitboxes for more optimized orbit explosions. Inclusion of area damage made it play different than some of the other close range wizard builds.
5 Likes