Demon Hunter 1
Monks 399
Necromancer 191
Witch Doctor 0
Wizard 132

9 Likes

What was relevant to this post exactly?

1 Like

I like statistics/numbers. I think many can make their own conclusions. I also posted this:

5 Likes

Yet, there is lacking of info. Dh , Crusader even Wd can be bosskiller.
Necro is zdps and dps, while Wizard is top in solo clear and in meta.

What’s the “fun” point? The stats seem trival. Note that if you play mutiple classes in 4-man, only the class holding your highest record will be on the leaderboard.

At least in the current leaderboard, there are no witch doctors and only 1 crusader and only 1 demon hunter. In comparison to other DPS classes (Wizards/Necros) to other “DPS” classes the ratio is 323 : 2

I think we can fairly say that other DPSs (i.e. not necromancer or wizards) are in the extreme minority.

7 Likes

I think this was more of a “hey, look at the classes not being played” complaint… While, in fact, it is proven that Wd, Crusader and even Dh can be in the meta, people just choose not to use it. Might not be the top top, but they can content for 150s

For clarity, the top 1000 in the leaderboard goes down to a greater rift 138 clear.

5 Likes

For clarity, people that knows this game and knows what classes are capable of, have said Wd, Dh, Crusader all can be used for bosskiller role. People just choose not to.

You would think that a few more people would shake the meta up, especially those that really like other classes that want to push in a 4 man meta. For example, you might imagine that the rank 1-10 demon hunters might choose to be a bosskiller in the 4 man meta. However, there is only a single demon hunter. You can restate this argument for other classes such as crusaders and witch doctors. It strikes me as odd given that some people have strong class biases that we do not see more diversity.

7 Likes

Think, might do etc. People go with the flow and goes with what they see and hear about. You can’t expect one or 2 trying something new unless you know every player or what people have done.
I want more balance myself, but the fact remains : we do not know why there are no more diversity. It has been proven those 3 classes can be used for bosskilling. Why they are not on the list I don’t know.

Even if those other classes are technically capable of participating in the meta, Wizards and Necros must still be very slightly stronger.
Unfortunately, people will still crowd to one class even if it has a build that is only 0.1% stronger than the other classes’.
Also i will add that despite those leaderboard stats, Impale DH is still far and away one of the most popular builds to play, judging from how frequently they appear in public GR groups.

I think it’s important to note here that these stats don’t mean more DH, WD, CRU didn’t do GR 138+ in groups. Only a player’s highest clear is shown on the leaderboard. It much more likely a player’s meta group clear will show instead of their lower clears with other classes.

I’m not saying that there isn’t a disparity. Of course there will always be a meta group that is the strongest. I’m just pointing this out because your posts don’t seem to acknowledge this.

2 Likes

I main a DH. I play impale in public greater rifts in part because it is hard to be accepted to a pushing groups as a DH. Therefore, the enrichment may be caused partially by this.

LexyuTV,
True. This does mean that in all but 2 cases that any DH, Crusader, WD that has cleared >138 must have played a second class (Barb, Monk, Wiz, Necro) that did better. By extension, there are “more” spots on the leaderboard due to the same issue. You can imagine someone who plays barb and wizard that both clear >138. Only the highest would be listed so in some regards this list that there may be more opportunities for the “non-big 4” to get on the list. I wonder if these factors cancel each other out to some extent and really the numbers are as biased as they seem.

3 Likes

That’s a shame, from what i hear a good impaler can solo GRs up to about 110-115. That should be good enough for groups doing 120+. People are too picky when it comes to high GRs. I don’t mean leaderboard pushes, i mean just for paragon farming in general.

This is a sad fact, but it’s reasonable. Nec can be 10 levels higher than DH, which is 4x damage. That means a bad nec can be as efficient as a good DH, so if a group doesn’t know the DH player before, there is no reason to choose DH when there are plenty of nec supplies.

2 Likes

Current meta is not as fool proof as lot of people make it out to be.

1. Wizard - main dps dealer for clearing rift to get to RG. Density and Open or straight route required to get enough time for RGK to kill RG. You should consider yourself lucky if you get a map that is clearable 1 in every 10 attempts.
  2. Necro - RGK. Must get a stationary and a RG with no minions to stack BotS. Otherwise even if the Wiz was able to clear the rift in 2mins, you have to new game and start again. You should consider yourself lucky if you get the right RG 1 in every 20 attempts.
  3. Barb - Need a good map to be able to pull enough density. Pretty much the same as wiz.

So it’s still pretty much a RNG fest, but if the conditions are right the meta can clear it most efficiently which matters to leaderboards.

I’m not sure why consistency is not the meta. Even if it was slower, the meta should be a group that can clear it even if they encountered bad map or low density rift.

It’s simple: because there is no way to “consistently” clear 150. No one can do that on a bad map.

Wizard and Necro got the highest clears in solo AND mostly welcome in meta/grouping as well…
What you described there are called fishing for good rifts… That is common for all. Solo and groups.

You would think that there would be one of those in the top if that was the case.
If it was not for those stupid zdps builds, god I hope they never return this in Diablo4.