Frozen Orb + Hydra Stun Lock S20 Non Meta Fun Build

I wanted to share a pretty fun Build that I play this Season or I am right now aiming for. D3planner

D3 Planer

https://www.d3planner.com/532486524

Which Items do we need?
Head: Magistrate (Int, CHC, Socket, Arcane Orb) Amethyst
Shoulder: Mantle of Channeling
Breast: Aquilas
Gloves: Frost Burn
Bracers: Ashnagarrs
Belt: Hegbrash
Legs: Swamp Land Vaders
Boots: Illusiory Boots (It’s better for grouping up mobs)
Ring1: Halo of Karini
Ring2: Convention of Elements
Amulett: Squirts
Weapon: Deathwish
Source: Etched Sigil

Cube: Unstable Scepter, Furnace and Triumvirate.

Skills:
Hydra - Which one you like just there to stun your foes far away.
Storm Armor _ Shocking Aspect
Magic Weapon _ Deflection
Arcane Torrent _ Flame Wand
Primary Spell What you like I use Shock Pulse or Spectral Blade
Arcance Orb _ Frozen Orb

Passives:
Mandatory: Power Hungry, Galvaninzing Wand
Pick what you like: Blur, Cold Blooded, Glass Cannon, Unwavering Will, etc.

Gems: Legacy of Dreams, Bane of the Trapped and Zeis Stone.

There are some alternatives. If you want to use Witching Hour use Topaz in Helm and Ray of Frost - Cold Blood. Or Instead of Hydra you could you Black Hole _ Spell Steal/Absolute Zero probably more Damage.

Playstyle in Short:
Get asap 3 Triumvirate stacks up; Place Hydra ahead of you; So enemies are stuck in Place; Always have Triumvirate refreshed before starting channeling. Start Channeling and don’t forget to refresh Triumvirate all 6 seconds.

As of right now I could probably do a GR 75-78 (or even higher) damage wise, but I’m just add 1/5 of LOD damage bonus and I’m missing Deatwish, COE, Squirts, etc. Besides not having CHD, CHC rolls on all necessary items. And I’m one shot by everything GR 70+ as of right now. If I can not one shot them. :cold_sweat: My guess is that this build is easily 130+ able with high paragon and augments.

But yes it’s a fun and engaging build. At first I thought the attack window would feel short, but it’s the other way around. It feels long and hard hitting. And the Hydra keeps the demons pretty nicely locked in place. Allowing me to channel and kill them off. And it doesn’t feel clunky at all. Maybe some more wise veteran D3 Players could come up with a group trash clear version. But I’am just a casual Solo D3 player, with unstable internet connection. :confused: A reverse FO Archon Channel Build could even be stronger, but that’s nothing for a casual like me.

Edit:
So far did a GR 97. Damage is there. I’m at 8700 Mainstat, CHC 61,5%, CHD 376%, 36% Cold damage, 6/13 Ancients, no Ancient Weapon. :confused: LOD gem @81 other gems @73&42.

Edit 2:
GR 101 is done so far. Swapped Illusiory Boots in.

Edit 3: I adjusted the D3 planer accordingly and now it links to more builds. I calculated it for group play, wich I have never done. It’s about 25x weaker then Nova Trash Clear and 10x weaker then Cruz Boss Killer. But it should be stronger then Mammoth LoD Solo Push.

Edit 4: GR 108 done @818 Paragon no Augments. No festering. :slight_smile:

Edit 5: Have done my GR 117 today. However if you only play Solo it’s pretty hard to push for the perfect rift :D. Cause you have to do the climb with every GR. With a double festering + Conduit and Power on Boss I should be able to clear ~125. But I can’t select such a GR yet. And you really need the right Boss. Agnidox is easy or the Blighter. Some others that are jumpy jumpy are almost impossible to kill. One big Issue is keeping Squirt stacks up. You could maximize your damage with hard casted FOs between but that leads to loosing your Aquillas Buff. With more Paragon you are able to switch out unity for the Furnace or some other Item.