From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

If all the world and love were young,
And truth in every Micro’s tongue,
These stupid tables might me move
To abandon rend and cry “remove!”

But PTRs fade, and speedy clears
To wayward nerfing disappear.
A honey tongue, a heart of gall,
Is trolling ‘s spring, but whirlwind’s fall.

(Sir Walter Raleigh—OG Barb)

8 Likes

And also:

5 Likes

9 Likes

Hear me, my Barb;
What need you five and twenty, ten, or five GR,
To follow in a rift where twice so many
Have a command to carry you?

What need one?

O, reason not the need: our basest beggars
Are in the poorest thing superfluous:
Allow not nature more than nature needs…

2 Likes

This definitely gets my support. Well over 1k hours of Barb over the years. From frenzy thorns back when it was competitive (would be nice to have this gift of the gods given some life again) to pro slam of the more recent times.

I guess to put it simply, Barb will always be the class I come back to even after dabbling in a monk or DH once in a while.

So to see a buff come once again and oh so promptly get yanked back is kind of disheartening.

Just because I’ll keep on coming back to Barb doesn’t make it feel any better

5 Likes

So let me get this straight, the main argument for nerfing Rend Barb is that it did a 140 with paragon 10,500 in PTR, and that 140 or higher is “too high” for Barb, and that the only classes where doing 140 is acceptable are Wizard and Necro, because they’re getting nerfed.

That’s the argument, right?

Well now we’ve got three 142 WD clears (one in EU, two on US) and a 140 DH clear in EU. With builds that will not be getting nerfed in the patch.

So what’s the argument now? That WD and DH are OK for 140 but 140 is too high for Barb?

There’s a clear level of bias in people calling Barb to be nerfed.

They cherry pick data when it suits their purposes but they don’t tell you that next patch, and even now, WD Wiz and DH can already do 140, and will still be able to next patch.

16 Likes

Excluding Blizzard insiders, I do not think anyone knows with 100% certainty why the developers decided what they did. When I looked at the data, top 1, top 25, top 40, etc…, it was clear to me that PTR non-season barbs were better than all live non-season classes with the exception of wizards. With wizards being nerfed (Chantodo and potentially bazooka if the Blizzcon reports are correct), the developers might have seen something that caught their attention.

1 Like

Next step for the troll squad is to start calling out people for wanting to be ‘op’ and make some weird moral issue out of it all. Totally sickening, and I can see I’m going to have some work to do in the Crusader forum as well a la the new AOV numbers. Ugh.

On topic, 300-400% orange text on Lamentation please. Revert the nerf, and give WoTW some more juice. Other classes will be pushing farther on un nerfed builds as stated above. That’s not fair, period end of story.

7 Likes

I told you the data was incomplete because many people aren’t even pushing.

I told you DH and WD — builds that aren’t getting nerfed — can and will do 140 and higher.

Your reply was that you didn’t see it on the LB therefor you did not believe it.

Your problem is you don’t actually play these builds to know what they can and can’t do.

140 with p10,000 is not impressive in the context of this or next patch.

Any rhetoric you posted favoring Barb nerfs or implying only nerfed classes may do 140 was erroneous.

12 Likes

Let’s be honest: Whatever argument Micro had was long ago stamped out. But yes, his more recent argument did seem to rely on the idea that Barbs clearing above 140 was just too powerful and not balanced.

Of course, there’s a lot to be said about “balance” and why that term is fickle, but your post couldn’t paint a clearer picture: 140+ is the new solo standard for non-Season play.

It’s well past time for Barbs and Monks to join the big kids on the playground. We can’t do that without the fat multiplier on Lamentation.

50% is not gonna cut it.

100% is not gonna cut it.

200% is the very lowest number we can accept.

18 Likes

it was clear to me that PTR non-season barbs were better than all live non-season classes

Do you have the numbers?

Could you please provide a quote for when I said that or implied that?

1 Like

I hadn’t seen him post for a while and thought he might have been banned…than BAM! Up he pops again.

2 Likes

Except the events of the last few days in regards to class clears proved you wrong. Not by a small margin either.

Funny that someone that fancys themselves as smart as you can be so shortsighted, biased and seemingly illiterate. You didn’t bother to really read what you were responding to. I’m actually killing myself laughing right now.

6 Likes

You can see it here.

The PTR numbers were after less than 48 hours on the PTR. All numbers are for non-season. The data was current and correct at the time of posting.

I would ignore the wizard PTR numbers. It turns out that the leaderboard was not reset after the last PTR. The 132-137 wizards PTR clears were from the patch PTR 2.6.6.

2 Likes

Sure, this entire thread is full of you doubting WD and DH can reliable do 140 and above.

You wrote:

I tried explaining to you that DH and WD are 140 capable and you didn’t listen.

Later on in other threads you implied that Necro and Wiz are strong but getting nerfed next patch therefor 140 is an outlier.

You are incredibly biased in your view against Barb which is why you omit the fact that 140 at 10,000 is just not a big deal and that next patch, even post nerf, plenty of builds will be doing 140 and above.

12 Likes

It’s getting silly in here. Where ya at Blizzard. We need some clarification.

1 Like

I smell that people will start to punch others in this thread soon xD

I am truly surprised it’s stayed as civil as it has, to be honest.

3 Likes

The below text is not mine, this is Micro from another thread.

*** The magnitude of the barb buff seems too great,

I strongly encourage the use of Blizzard’s analytics to make sure that the buff that goes live does not result in an outlier class that is several greater rifts above the next best solo class, especially in light of the introduced nerfs to two classes. One possible solution would be to decrease the rend damage buff on lamentation from 150%-200% to a flat 100%.**
The text below is mine.

It took me about three seconds to find this using a search of your post history. You posted ‘nerf barb’ directly and indirectly for over a week. The very first thing I get when I search your post history is a post from August 27th where Prokhan is asking you, in the barb forum why you were suddenly interested in the class. In that thread it looks like you are trying to make the case that barbs aren’t under performing in solo based on graphs and API data.

6 Likes