From 2018 to 2020 what a difference

How many on the forum who were complaining about the D:I announcement (with nothing for PC) in 2018, now want to play D:I in 2020? Were you mostly complaining about nothing for PC in 2018, or were you complaining about D:I (in general). I was in the nothing for PC camp, Blizzcon 2019 fixed that for me. Are you now on the D:I hype train, or are you holding out for D4, or do you want both games?

Doubt you’ll receive an accurate number as most of those who who voiced their opinion during blizzcon 2018 were new to the forums and have moved on.

I was mostly in the former, however I was more irked about the Diablo community being demonized for criticizing blizzard when it was blizzard themselves who failed to live up to the hype they had chose to build up months prior to blizzcon.

No, but not because I hate the game or anything. I just don’t play games on phones. The closest to a mobile console that I play games on are my switch, my old 3ds, ds and gameboy (still works thank goodness) from time to time, and laptop (when I gotta move around).

That said, I certainly won’t ignore Immortal as it, as it’s sure to have some additions to the overall lore (hopefully nothing too damning), so I may just watch gameplay and/or walkthroughs of it.

As of now, I’m waiting for info regarding Diablo 4, my hype for it is actually rather low due to the game not being ready for release any time soon; even when it is I’ll probably wait a while before purchasing.

1 Like

Very true, the forum was flooded with people for a few weeks, many of them never came back. They just wanted a place to vent.

Same for me.

I will also watch some of the streamers for the lore part.

Hopefully they will have some good things lined up for the virtual event for early next year.

-nothing for pc (a snub to their most dedicated crowd.)
-bloodle$$

won´t be touching it.

holding out for D4.

1 Like

I might play D:I (for a week or so, mobile gaming bores the heck out of me) , but I’m putting one cent to it.

D4 isn’t sounding so great at this point. Waiting for September Wolcen patch to irons out more bugs with new chapter and their own version of Leagues/Seasons.

I am a PC gamer and don’t even own any other devices. So no, not on the hype train. I will still read about it and the lore though.

Now, if a device that could play it showed up on my doorstep…that would likely change my opinion. I would not mind a distraction that I can play on the deck on a nice day.

I was in the “nothing for PC” camp. D4 is being worked on and the assumption is that is coming to PC (wouldn’t that be a burn if it didn’t). I have no excitement for D:I. I can’t get engrossed into a game with a long / detailed story on mobile. I want to be relaxing in a chair at home on a bigger screen for that.

That said, I’m not excited for D4 either, just indifferent. Of course, me being a casual Diablo player might be part of that. I was a hardcore Elder Scrolls fan. Seeing how hard Bethesda face planted in those two years, I’m now a wait and see gamer. Even so, now I’ll wait until a game is bundled (GotY, battle chest, etc) and on sale. The gaming industry as a whole has pulled a butt load of mean monetization practices compared to what it used to be (one time purchase and enjoy).

1 Like

I was mostly “nothing for PC” angry and also “only on mobile” DI angry.
I will play the game in the end, but i’m still kind of angry i have to buy a tablet for it… because there is NO WAY i’ll play that game (or any serious game) on a phone.
I dropped even Hearthstone on the phone.
The thing with the phones is… the battery is lasting too little for me to use it for a game, i value my phone more for other things rather than gaming, for gaming I would rather use a dedicated device.

I don’t care at all for immortal. I do though for D4 and a potential D2 remake. As it stands right now , I can see me playing diablo 3 for another 2 years, easily. I am not yet saturated and the game was good entertainment for me since 2017 when I started and still is.

I’m only here for Diablo 4 so I wasn’t around in 2018, but the problem was entirely with the fact that they had nothing for PC.

We’ve seen with Fallout Shelter and Path of Exile mobile that people don’t get up in arms about a mobile game merely existing.

It’s when your fanbase is anticipating something they’ve been waiting for for a while and you throw them nothing but a mobile game and no mention of the big announcement they wanted.

Like when we were hating on EA for that C&C mobile crap rather than another proper C&C game.

There would have been no problems for EA or Blizzard if they had just said “We’ve got a brand new PC C&C/Diablo game in the works, but in the meantime here’s a mobile game”.

As for Immortal itself, I couldn’t care less about it. The only mobile game I ever tried to get into was Fire Emblem and it was basically just a cut down version of the real thing with mtx shoved into it when I could be playing the real game on my 3DS.

Those kinds of games all ultimately feel like that to me. If I wanna play Diablo, I’ll play Diablo on my PC.

1 Like

I was in the “Nothing for PC” camp.

After I calmed my Hatred with Discipline (DH pun), I was secretly excited because I always wanted a Diablo skinned “Star Wars: Uprising” mobile game.

Now, I will definitely buy D:I. And, if there are no predatory MTX, I’ll buy and gift a few copies to my nieces and nephews. (If there are predatory MTX, I’ll rate it what I’d normally rate it and minus 2 stars for it)

I’m slowly tiring of D3.

I’m hoping for D:I to be released Soon™ so that I can satisfy by Demon Bashing urges until D4 is released.

In the meantime, I’ll occasionally spin up D2.

Mobile games are as unappealing to me in 2020 as they were in 2018.

I don’t see that changing.

Man. Haven’t you learned anything about hype trains yet?

I don’t know if “holding out” is the right phrase, but D4 is still on my list of games I was always going to try.

My interest is the same as when they announced it; very low.
I have only ever played one game on a smartphone (Fallout Shelter), slowpaced “builder” game where the bad controls dont really matter. As well as various oldschool PC/console ports on Ipad (Final Fantasy mostly, also slow turnbased games), which at least has a better screen to go with the bad controls. I still cant see an action game on a phone/tablets working well.
Since it is likely going to be free to play, I will of course give it a try. But I very much expect it to be terrible.

Anyway, what made the D:I announcement bad was mostly that they thought it was a good idea to announce it as a main thing on Blizzcon. Not reading the fans there at all.
And doing it before announcing D4.

Battery health is more important than Diablo Immortal IMO, so I won’t be playing it. The battery can be replaced in my phone, however that would ruin its IP68 water resist/dust proof rating which I’d rather not do.

Excessive charge/discharge cycles and heat kills Li-Ion batteries, and high end games make phones run hot and drain the battery like a fat guy sucking down a Dr. Pepper.

Here you go, water cool your phone while you play D:I. :rofl:

You need a gaming mobil like Asus Rog Phone 2 then… :wink:

Uhhh what is D:I?

And honestly not that interested in Blizzard games these days as they are all online… As i said in other posts Being Aussie, online sucks bad for us.

I only installed Diablo 3 this week because i bought it 6 years ago and wanted to check if it worked still, I never played it when i bought it as the online and shop garbage i found out about after purchase kept me away. the always online sucks a lot and Diablo 4 is the same i will avoid it sadly…

D4 is online only, start looking for something else to play.

"So we are not going to support an Offline Mode"

Thanks already bought Last epoch and a couple of others. Thanks though.

Never heard of it, but mobile games aren’t really my strong suite… PC only here.