Frenzy weapon question

So I have used the generic oath/azurath combo for quite a while without thinking too much. I always got lucky with 20% cold skill and this season it ended up 16%.
The new one I found was 20% but less strength and less damage plus no life on hit which my other has.
Is the 4% cold skill damage a big increase?

Also just found a primal doombringer , is there a reason people don’t use this? I’ve seen the Sankis axe used for fire skill, is the physical skill not good?
Thanks in advance, the barb community has always been very helpful and seem to know a thing or two.

The reason Azurewrath is the preferred weapon is due to it always rolling with a chance to freeze which causes the 2-piece bonus of the H90 set armour, and also gives a bonus to cold damage.

2 Likes

Thanks but what about the other question regarding the %of skill damage? Is 4% skill damage better than more strength and life per hit for frenzy?

4% extra cold damage will give you about 2.5% - 3.5% extra damage, depending on how much cold bonus you’ve already got on your other gear.

If your other AZ has a better weapon damage range, plus more STR and LpH, then that is almost certainly the better weapon.

1 Like

Thanks rage!

Twenty characters.