Frenzy Set 2.6.8 ptr- feedback

So the set feels reeaaalllly good. I love it! I do think that it’s a bit on the squishy side though. maybe buff the damage reduction on 4-piece set bonus? Maybe incorporate some cdr into the set somehow, so that we can keep wrath of the berserker up more often? I’m not sure what the best approach is. Really enjoying the set, though, it’s fantastic- I’ve always wanted a frenzy build that wasn’t tied to thorns in order to be ‘viable’! Thanks for the cool set!! :smiley:

Also, a quality of life improvement that I would LOVE to see, is for abilities like Pound of Flesh(Barb), and the intelligence buff for the WD to refresh stacks whenever you pick up a health globe. A similar thing was done for the WD Soul Harvest stacks. I’d really appreciate it, if that could happen. :smiley:

And is there any chance that tool tips could get an update, so that they show the differences from buffs/debuffs? So like with Barb shouts- does Inspiring Presence stack with Horde of the Ninety Savages 2-piece set bonus? I assume that the answer is yes, and that War Cry for example now lasts 8 minutes? I’m not sure though, as the tool tip still says 120 seconds.

I agree it is nice to see variety in the Barb builds.

My sentiments from playing it so far seems to confirm other opinions - the build is squishy like a Jade Witch doctor before sacred harvest stacks until it gets built up on stacks.

The problem I see is group play like Archon wiz can have where others kill off mobs before you get to them to refresh Frenzy. I found myself in lower difficulties where mob density was low to be frustrating to find a mob to refresh my Frenzy stack.

Increasing the defense bonus from 4pc from 5% per stack to 8% would be more helpful. Increasing damage is hard to say as I have not gotten very far into higher GR yet.

I would think the quality of life part you mention would be very useful to the build
to keep Frenzy stacks up longer and not struggling on maps with lower density.

It really needs a damage buff too. WW is far stronger than Frenzy. It would be nice to see it on the same level as WW.

1 Like

The UI skill descriptions aren’t dynamic and are mere short cuts to the skill interface. And that aswell is static so it doesn’t change either.

I’m glad the frenzy duration was addressed for this set, but I think the quality of life improvement would be better applied to the skill directly rather than added as an extra set bonus. This would reduce the frustration caused if using Bastion’s Revered pre-70.
Alternatively frenzy stacks could be lost one at a time at a faster rate, for example 1 stack lost every 2 seconds out of combat.

I would also love to see this set having more skills being viable as damage dealing options, especially for large density.

To address this, here are some simple, albeit half-cocked, wild ideas.
Imagine including all primary skills into the 1000% damage/ frenzy stack. This would synergize well with blade of the warlord or dishonored legacy, which don’t really have a place in current meta. Unfortunately dishonored legacy has a wonky mechanic that would have you boulder-dumping fury for negligible damage just to buff cleave (or constant yelling, spamming berserker’s rage). Perhaps an idea for a future set.
The other idea would be to use frenzy stacks as a resource to buff other attacks, compromising damage and durability temporarily for a damage spike. For example Revenge consumes up to 5 frenzy charges, dealing 10,000% increased damage per stack consumed.

TLDR: Thanks if you read my ideas but please consider simply applying the frenzy duration increase to the base frenzy skill.