Frenzy Barb! Patch Notes!

Well… yes. My understanding the playstyle is like:

White trash say: “Butcher” is coming, I am so scared. run run run.
Yellow: Holy …F**, why always me…

I mean, as long as we have a rgk option, whatever.

RECHEL’S RING OF LARCENY can be procced by follower (I tested this). That’s a 60% increase to movement. It will help us chase down Elites and will increase our chances to benefit from the damage boost.

Really? can you confirm this? Follower equip Rechel? Barb benefit the 60 speed?

UPDATE________

No! It wont. Tested.

No, but on a lark, I tried it on that LoN build and holy crap do you move.

I think it will be used on a farming build.

Absolutely, without a doubt. I had posted this finding in the old forums. Your follower has to proc fear. Give your follower an Echo.

Edit: dang, but think you have to be wearing Rachel’s, now that I remember correctly.

Yeah, I just tested it. When cubed (you get zero fear% chance), your follower will proc it. I also had zero fear% on my gear (so I didn’t proc Rachel’s) but this won’t help.:neutral_face:

PANDEMONIUM LOOP: Enemies slain while Feared die in a bloody explosion for 800% weapon damage and cause other nearby enemies to flee in Fear.

On a follower is something to test.

You two are starting to terrify me. They may have to change the set bonus just for all the potential mayhem you two are setting up.

4 Likes

In a “about to head to bed” moment, I realized two things about Bastion.

First, if only the original hit counts to proc, the 10 attacks afterwords is kind of redundant. They might as well make it, “you will do +100% damage to enemies in range”. The damage will not change, just the visual effect.

The second, having it proc on at least the hits on the original target will make for a higher chance for EF to make the fight both better and worse. Worse because it will fear more, but better for the same reason. But it opens up some interesting things, like frenzy stunning more.

So, yeah, I really hope at least the hits on your main target all can proc. It would have the opportunity to make for some interesting moments. If not, then it would be kind of an exaggerated way to say, “you do x% more damage”.

:joy::joy::joy:
Could be fun to watch though

1 Like

I just wanna HOTA you, with GoJ equipped 180 fury. 1 shot, 100% crit, no doubt.

1 Like

I have mixed feelings about this. I love the creativity and the fidelity to thematics, but I don’t think this works in a mechanical sense. Here’s what I mean: What is this set supposed to excel at?

If there’s a concrete answer, it’s going to be something along the lines of “speed-farming,” or “GR pushes,” “or bounty farming.”

But a single-target skill like Frenzy is only suitable for one of those activities–GR pushes–because no matter its damage bonuses or set effects it will be inferior to Zodiac Rend, Fire EQ, and so forth–builds that specialize in AOE damage.

So why does a set that’s probably only going to be a push set have a set bonus that is optional?

Nothing in the MOTE set is optional aside from damage multipliers in the 6-set bonus (due mostly to outdated supporting legendaries). The same can be said for the Raekor, IK, and Wastes sets.

And this still doesn’t address the problem that will occur when monster CC immunity takes place. Fear is a hard CC and it’s going to cap very fast when you add Frenzy stuns into the mix. How often are we supposed to get this bonus? Why is there an entire set bonus which is conditional (in the sense that Fear can cause CC immunity and will wear off vs RGs and such) in the set?

Well, that bodes well for single-target fights, which Fear will assist with, but it also means that the greater the density, the worse our damage spread out over that density will be. And for anyone that pushes GRs knows, if the single-target damage isn’t there, the AOE damage has to make up for it. We really need to know all the various proc interactions between Bastions and and Frenzy and AD and Bloodshed. :confused:

My feelings exactly. I don’t think CC mechanics and immunities have been properly taken into account.

2 Likes

Try to do a bounty run with a melee character. There is one bounty that require you to chase and kill fleeing bugs before the mother bug spawn. That’s exactly the new set will be played.

No fun at all.

Why don’t you just change it into :
Enemies affected by Threatening shout takes double damage.

That way, players can choose if they want to fear enemies of taunt them. Talk about build diversity…This is a RPG game isn’t it?
Why set everything in stone?

1 Like

You mean a LoN/LoD frenzy build without using the new set? Because that’s exactly how it plays in that case (except for the double shout effectiveness). I really don’t understand why Frenzy needed a set?

Hello,

Just a little thing :

set bonus is 10 000 % on Frenzy dmg.
LON bonus is roughtly 10 000% on ALL dmg

Dmg reduction is 5x10 = 50% on set when you hit something
Dmg reduction is 13x4 = 52% on LON without condition

All others multipliers and interresing mechanics are on separated items like Undisputed champion, Oathkeeper or revered bastion

So cant we just expect more from LON builds witch can keep a lot of powerful unique legendaries ? The double thing on shouts and fear are the only thing that justify using the set. It doesnt bring that much from this point of view.

On the other hand Frenzy is a proc machine (0.75 proc coefficient, many AS boost) maybe we can expect some revelant dmg this way (Rimeheart, mirinae, etc.) boosted by LON ?

Well this all made for an exciting read this morning while having coffee. Got my thinking cap on and lots to test on Thursday. Frenzy has some potential now as elite hunter/rgk. I don’t think it’ll be faster than WW for wave clearing for barbs but we shall see how that aoe chaining does.

We’ll see… I’m pretty sure they won’t cause procs whoever they hit. Having their own proc rate be contingent on what they hit is something I’m pretty sure we’ve never seen in this game before.

So, as far as the 2-piece bonus is concerned, the most important part is the doubled shouts. Aside from all the nice defensive buffs this will give you, the key element is the fact that TS: Terrify’s “flee in fear” duration is going to go up from 3 seconds to 6.

So all the enemies you aren’t targeting with Frenzy are going to run away (this is another reason I suspect / hope that Bastion’s Procs will have proc rate 0- so they don’t get Smited and stuck standing near you), and they’re going to be running away for quite a while. The enemy you are targeting with Frenzy will most likely get stunned by Smite, and then you’ll cut him down with 11x Frenzy damage. Keep in mind, too, that with only one target remaining, your damage will double, via Stricken, in about 8 seconds.

Since you’ll probably be loaded up on CDR to maximize WOTB uptime, you’ll be able to keep using TS: Terrify, before the duration of the 6 second Fear has expired, so you should be able to keep your 15 yard “fight zone” pretty clean.

So yeah, the damage bonus for Fear is not really a big deal. It’ll help with some modest burst damage from time to time, but it’s almost beside the point. The real benefit of Fear is that it sends most of your enemies away from you.

At this point I’d say I’m about 75% confident that those extra 10 Frenzy hits from Bastion’s, which will make up more than 90% of your damage, will not benefit from AD or Bloodshed. And, if so, that’s a great thing. It means we’ll have a build that isn’t dependent on density, which will set it apart from all our other builds. It’ll enormously decrease the need for fishing in GR pushes.

One final thought for now: if we really are seeking to fight just one guy, then maybe Echoing Fury is not the best choice, after all.

Pig Sticker? Sun Keeper? Doombringer or Sankis?

I guess that if you do get stuck in a situation where you can’t get rid of all the density around you, EF is a good “hedge” against this, since it should improve your damage in density…

1 Like

Could you please give us a D3 planner link of what your using so I can fiddle around and theory craft a bit with?

I know most you guys don’t play seasons but maybe even using the IB set would work for upcoming season and put both bastions and oathkeeper in the cube. I’m going to try to test this build for both nonseasonal and seasonal play. I’ll focus on nonseasonal first since that’s more important overall.

Correct me:

1. Depth Diggers – multiplicative,

2. Simplicity - multiplicative,

3. Frenzy on belt and pants – DIBS,

4. TS:Falter – debuff but still additive (DIBS category)