Frenzy Barb! Patch Notes!

It would need Pride of Cassius for that, and it can’t afford it as Undisputed Champion takes the same spot, and Depth Diggers are in the cube.

You can reach about 65% CDR with Gogok without sacrificing too much, but that is still a 40.5 sec cooldown on Berserker, and 13.5 for Ignore Pain.

Need to sacrifice CoE for RRoG to fit in PoC. Definitely an option when playing HC.

1 Like

Dropping some damage output for much more survability is definitely an option.

On my thorns barb, I tested using BoM over CoE and it actually allowed me to push further. I could literally sit in the middle of anything and not have to waste time re-positioning to avoid damage all the time in a lot of fights, since this isn’t a burst damage type build or anything. Just a thought. I’m not playing PTR, I do look forward to seeing if they change much and playing it in season.

I have swapped Stricken for Gogok and find it makes a difference in survivability. As far as the RG, it takes a little longer, but the increased attack speed adds to survivability with the LOH that your simplicity gem generates.

Testing survivability with: wreath of lightning gem + parthans(cube) + wyrdward(cube) + frenzy lightning as main rune.

Have you tried with zodiac for 100% uptime on wotb? I messed around with that a bit on lower GR (up to 100 or so) but everything was dying too fast to get enough zodiac procs.

What about changing bloodhed to “Swords to Ploughshares” and keeping coe, dd etc. ?

If anything, for more survivability I think you would swap Trapped to Esoteric as it really complements the physical mitigation you get from Veteran’s warning 60% dodge.

Duplicating my reply from PTR thread (for visibility) about using other CC before Terrify to make damage buff from fear more practical:

I was thinking of a strategy to actually get value from Terrify, using Ground Stomp first- because (get ready for unpopular opinion) I think WoTB is actually a noob trap for this set :grimacing:
(cc reduction rolls on gear/ jugg passive may be needed tho)

I’m thinking the best strategy may be to forget cooldown and WoTB altogether and use pixel-stomps+Terrify on your CoE physical cycle to do massive damage via Bloodshed and AD rolls (in place of cdr rolls).

The rotation would be to stomp+shout ONLY at the end of lightning cycle to get max value from both the stun and fear. edit: forgot about the dr from knockback effect of Wrenching Smash, so Terrify duration only half duration of CoE cycle, Falter likely preferred.

Concept build for this setup: https://ptr.d3planner.com/699300772

Thoughts?

No, i couldn’t come up with a good spender to use and whenever you are using the spender you aren’t doing damage. In order to reset CD it would need to work like IK and just be a fury dump that will knock down the CD.

Just seems like a waste of time to put a spender on just to reduce CDs also you would have to drop one of the shouts. BR is mandatory, TS demoralize/falter is really strong, and WC/VW gives 60% dodge! I’m sure you can pull it off, WW probably being the best, but I have ny doubts that it is worth it.

1 Like

Nope, such a rework is too big of a gameplay risk for doing in such a small patch.

Fairly certain he means using Swords to Ploughshares instead of Bloodshed for the greatly increased sustain granted, and using various damage rings instead of toughness rings.

Dear Blizzard Team,
what about just remove fear and freeze on the 2 pc set and add: When enemies get hit by revenge or overpower they get 3x times more damage for 5 secs to the 4pc set. Revenge and overpower have the same AOE range as frenzy AOE. It will add a great mechanic and forgotten spells and will push the damage.
Thx in advance

6 Likes

Make the set create a blowup on range of borh skill, up the AOE after 3rd use, 300 instead of 15, aggro for a team play.

honestly, yuck, i’d rather just play IK HOTA.

So what’s everyones overall PTR thoughts on the new set?

Yep, I did see that. Was seeing if the conversation was still worth having now those forums are closed.

For me the set felt a bit…lacking…while I didn’t get a lot of testing in, only getting a few runs up to around the low 90’s, it seemed like it’s not the set people are going to be using next season.

Yeah, it’s just so mediocre.

Want to speed run T16, Bounties, or low GRs? You’re better off with Vile Charge, Zodiac Rend, Fire EQ, or R6 HOTA.

Want to push solo GRs? Pro-Slam is about as strong with the same stringent gear requirements, and Zodiac Rend is stronger. Vile Charge is only a few tiers lower.

Want to play something other support in groups? Well, there are far better RGK options, and even in off-meta comps, other classes and builds bring more to the table.

I mean, it’s a Frenzy set. Frenzy is a single-target build. It needs to really shine at that, but right now, it’s just a different version of HOTA with better Stricken stacking. Pretty meh.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was what I thought.

It’s like the set doesn’t know what it’s supposed to be, so it aimed for…nothing.