Frenzy Barb! Patch Notes!

Well as I am not even 2K non-seasonal and do not play that often anymore. I can say this “build” does not interest me at all. I personally think this was just tossed together as a way of saying “we are trying”. Frenzy? Really? This is the focus of the build? You should have focused on balancing the current sets so one never dominates the others. Instead of throwing in this in.

“its not a fun set”
“its not the best performing set”

Well what is it then? A waste of development time, and more importantly player time.

Test it yourself

It’s not that bad actually. It just needs some tweaking. More DR would be a great start. Changing Fear, Stun, and Freeze from hard cc to soft cc. These two changes could really make this set a winner.

1 Like

It’s not all that bad. I did 127 with 23k main-stats with 25 sec left. Leader board is mess up show it didn’t show my clear, but it does show my 126 clear. For comparison I did 128 with rend with just over 25k main-stats. Paragon is just over 3000. It’s squishy as heck, I’m still trying to find the right combo of dps vs damage reduction. So from my perspective its not all doom and gloom.

1 Like

A lot of Barbs really like the idea of a ravening Barb hitting mobs crazy fast.
The issue isn’t the concept, it’s the poor implementation.

2 Likes

132 is the highest I’ve seen at 9k+ para.
It needs to have the damage increased and the DR increased to compete with WW/rend for a 5k para player…

1 Like

Well, there could have been higher clears, but the leaderboards are broken right now so they may not have been recorded…

1 Like

Ya, I got that but it is still way under WW/rend.
Fun, yes, memories of Thornzy, but still under-performing because of flawed design…

1 Like

Here’s an ideas. Add to the set: Fearing, Stunning, and Freezing an enemy reduces WotB cooldown by 1 second.

Hello gentlemens.
Could anyone confirm that BASTION - COE BUG was fixed?

I tried to reproduce this RGK in a group, we had a good gear but it took more than 4m to kill the RG, we tried with Oath + E.F Phys but still we didn’t get the same good results from Rob in his last video “Barb RGK Sub 2m”

Yes can confirm. Watched sVr confirm this earlier today on stream.

Thanks. So I must be doing something wrong … the RGK I did was far below what was shown in the Rob and svr video.

Wouldn’t help much against RG’s without adds.

Add this to the 6-piece bonus instead: While at 10 Frenzy stacks gain the effect of Wrath of the Berserker.

Then we wouldn’t even need to have it on the toolbar!

Question:

On Oathkeeper, if you had to choose Freeze% (you have it on belt already) or AoE, which would be better?

EU Live
Era 2020-1
Patch 2.6.8
Non-Seasonal
Frenzy Barbarian
GR121 in 14 minutes 38 seconds
https://i.imgur.com/QvRnO6K.jpg

Gear:
6-pieces H90, Undisputed Champion, Traveller’s Pledge, Compase Rose, BoM, Ancient Parthan Defenders, Oathkeeper, Azurewrath

Cube:
Bastion’s Revered, Depth Diggers, CoE

Gems:
Simplicity’s Strength (125), Bane of the Trapped (125), Bane of the Stricken (125)

Augments:
All 13 slots Caldesann’d, from 575 to 630

Paragon / Strength:
3687 Paragon
30190 Strength

Struggling to get a GR122 done. Not been lucky with map / pylons yet. Issue is still mainly survivability rather than the damage.

2 Likes

Hey DH, I’m not sure what you mean. Are you talking about Azurewrath? And what do you mean by AoE? Do you mean Area Damage? If so, then AD is a primary stat, and freeze chance is secondary, so they don’t compete…

Anyway, I think 25% freeze from AZ is plenty, so you don’t need it anywhere else. If you weren’t using AZ and were trying to accumulate some hard CC in the places you could roll it, you could get 2.6% on each weapon, 5.1% on a belt, and 5.1% on gloves, which works out to about a 14.6% stun/freeze chance. But, those are all tough rolls to get.

Good job on the clear, bro. You might want to give some thought to trying out the Aughild setup (swap CoE for RoRG, wear Aughild Bracer + Shoulder). It’s a little less damage than the CoE setup, but has a bit more consistent mitigation. I one-keyed a 120 with that setup yesterday evening, with only about 16.5k STR.

2 Likes

Thx for the response. I wrote AoE, but I meant AD. I should have been clearer. If one is using a Oathkeeper with Sankis (or any other alternative apart from AZ), which roll would be most beneficial, AD or Freeze%. If you could only choose one or the other.

AD. Freeze on a weapon is a very low %. But: let me say again that those rolls don’t conflict at all. You could have freeze and AD.

What’s on your mind?

1 Like

Thank you for the move. I had recalled reading something earlier that led me to believe bastion was only affected by AD by up to about 39% which led me to believe it was moot to stack. I sincerely apologize if I led anyone astray.

I did a little bit of reading to figure out where I got that notion & instead of reading all of the ptr feedback (again) I found what I think I had misconstrued early on:

From Free in the PTR feedback initial analysis:

My bad. That completely changes things. In that case, with the https://ptr.d3planner.com/655377009 setup switch AD from all resist on shoulders and roll AD on weapons over Str. The loss of Str on the weapons is huge, but has the possibility to scale better dependent on the other multipliers present. Though despite that rushed band aid on that idea, in the little pockets of time I took over the last couple days to type this out, I had some thoughts in mind regarding DPS but need more time to go through numbers and looking at different setups before going into detail on the offensive front. Below is on defense.

I have been messing around with the planner as far as mitigation trying to deduce if a greater gain from armor & all resist could make up for the lack of DR affixes. With the more items needed to keep damage up, it’s hard to get beyond the constant 92% DR from BoM & HK90 (up 96% with EW when moving, or 93.2%/95.24% elites with Aughilds, 96.6%/97.62% elites with both factored)

Where I’m getting at is given Wotb is not as stable as ww/rend to go higher than that, with constant BoM (80%), SGiant (50%), 2pc (50%), CC (28%) = 96.4% DR. This allows ww/rend the flexibility to not worry too much on the all resist, leaving it in the range to be sparing of at best almost 1200 AR, if less for 75-77% DR. It would never gain over time with paragon. Running numbers, here is what I found…mind you this is not with EW as it’s DR does not account when still, aka attacking. The goal is to see how much AR would be needed to accommodate the loss of the extra 50% DR modifier (wotb) along with 15% from AA & 60% H90 in comparison to 50% (WW) with CC’s 28%.

Using these variables:
Combined DR from WW/CC & HK’s setups - Wastes DR: 96.4%, H90 DR: 92%, H90A (aughilds) DR: 93.2%, H90AE (aug’s vs elite) DR: 95.24
Resist values - 1108 AR DR: 76%, 1984 AR DR: 85%, 2400 AR DR 87.23%

Combining armor, AR & DR:

armor—Wastes 76%–H 85%–HA 85%–HAE 85%

• 15k—99.837-----99.773—99.807—99.865
  • 20k—.871--------.821-------.848-------.894
  • 25k—.894--------.853-------.875-------.912
  • 30k—.91----------.875-------.893-------.925
  • 40k—.931--------.903-------.918-------.943
  • 50k—.944--------.922-------.933-------.953
  • 60k—.952--------.934-------.944-------.961
  • 70k—.959--------.943-------.951-------.966
  • 80k—.964--------.95---------.957-------.97
  • 90k—.968--------.955-------.962-------.973
  • 100k–.971-------.959-------.966-------.976

1894 All resist is a reasonable number to reach with a priority spread to all resist & impunity for H90, but as you can see H90 alone underperforms by a decent margin when compared to Wastes. However with aughilds the difference from without it is about half on either side of wastes; .005% under against normal mobs and .005% above for elites…at 100k armor. Before that the ratio is large going from .008-.014% below & above.

For normal mobs to be mitigated just the same as Wastes (and I mean just the exact same scaling) with H90 w/ AA, you need 2400 AR. Doable, but you would have to lose several rolls of vitality or DPS rolls to achieve it. Not worth it.

If you decide to go the dodge route with lower resists, you’re going to need another DR modifier, be it sankis, EW while in motion (which is not reliable when dealing dmg shortly after moving again), unity, IP or another. With a dps focused slot being used instead, you have to account elsewhere, ie resists. Though with the dodge route let me ask this: if facing a reflect Elite/minion, is the reflected damage element the same as yours or simply physical?

A few notes:

1. Yep, WW is better than H90. That’s a given.

2. But:

Keep in mind the highest pushes with WW don’t use BoM, and not many players use both BoM and CC.

1. And:

People are currently using Azurewrath with APDs, which adds a considerable amount of toughness in density.

I believe reflect is always physical.

Oh, joy. Time to farm some more bounties I guess.