FoT help I think I know For GoD DH

So I have a dilemma (don’t hate before I say this RNG has been so kind to me this season)

Anyways I have two primal FoT.

1. Base damage/(either cold damage or crit)/area damage
    2.Cold damage/crit damage/Dex

I’ve always been under the impression elemental damage is one of the king stats as it’s a separate part of the equation. If that’s not the case then I’m thinking #1 with the crit damage is king and the other can be stashed.
I wish I could’ve got crit/cold/area but alas that’s not the case.

i think you might be confusing the skill FoT for the item FoT.

No I’m talking about the flavor of time… what did you read? Smh lol
I have two that I can replace the one I’m currently wearing and since they’re both primal you all know what the amount of the stats that rolled so I just put what stats were on each one. With one have the option of being either my element or straight up crit damage.

Fists of Thunder is what I assumed you were talking about.

Take d3planner and put in the stats. If you run with a quiver i would take the FoT with Cold% and CHD. If you are dualwielding take FoT with CHC and CHD.

1 Like

I’ll test that. Can’t use d3 it doesn’t work on the phone too well sadly.

You dont need d3planner.

Equip the first FoT necklace, then while in your inventory, open your character details. Scroll down to the offense section and look for cold damage. Highlight the cold damage and read what it says in the associated black text field. Do the same with the second FoT. The number you see in that black text field is your cold DPS that takes your overall dps and factors in cold damage as well. Which ever onegives you a higher cold dps is the one to wear.

Side note: best stats for neck would be cold damage/crit chance/crit damage. You can achieve sufficiently high enough area damage else where that gaining another 20% AD on the necklace would actually lower your damage output.

1 Like

Well I found the cold/crit damage/ area damage one.

Right now I use the caltrops bait the trap to make up for the loss of crit chance and it seems to be working.

Thanks for the reply I was looking at those numbers but I know they don’t always tell the whole story

As far as figuring out which one is better, those numbers may not be your actual damage output, but they do reflect damage increase values that do affect your final actual damage by the same percentage. The stats on the necklace will all affect that number and your true damage, except area damage. Area damage is not calulated into your dps because the amount of area damge that happens is based on mob density(an unknown variable).
If you already have AD on both crossbows, shoulders, gloves, both rings, and paragon; you can have 178%. Adding another 20% on necklace would only increase your damage output by 7.2%. Aif you already have 20% cold on bracers, a 20% cold roll on neck is actually worth 16.67% damage increase. Dual wielding, your max crit chance is 54% and max crit damage(typical) is 560%. With that crit chance and crit damage in mind: 10% crit chance is worth 16.2% damage increase , and 100% crit damage is worth 15.5% damage. All three of those are potentially worth more than the AD roll. Of course it really all depends on how much area damage you already have.

As far as using caltrops to “make up crit chance” , thats just more crit chance you could have, it never makes up. You could be getting more, or using another skill that helps you out more.

Well I don’t have it on my rings and I don’t think I’ll go for it, I’d rather have my base damage/crit/crit. I’ll probably go for a cold crit crit for solo play as it’s hard to group things up but I’m noticing with a barb or someone that Hans those skills in my group my extra area damage is paying off…so far.

If you have 24% AD on both weapons, 20% on gloves, and 20% on shoulders; you can add in 50% from paragon for a total of 138%. Adding another 20% on necklace would be worth 8.4% increase. Cold crit crit would still be better.