Forum statistics Weeks 1-5 and Trust level 3

TL2 privileges are completely negligible considering I was TL1 when I successfully posted a bunch of cat vids in Meteor’s thread lol.

Imgur is trusted enough globally, TL2’s should be allowed to post direct pic links from it.

1 Like

Yeah, it is a bit odd. However, data is always kind of cool so whatever makes folks happen is fine.

Nope. There is no way the other language forums are going to get there. Not even sure the EU English forum will.

There are several sites that really should be white listed for linking at TL2, or even TL1. The first one that comes to mind is Blizzard’s own website so we can link to the news articles, Game Guide, Support Pages, and other forum posts. We had that on the old forum software and really should have it now. Much of the helpful info players ask questions about is already covered in those links.

Admittedly, I only tend to read / contribute to General Discussion over on EU (i.e. I don’t look at class / tech support forums) but I have read every single thread in there since the forum migration. After 22 days I’ve read 70 topics (threads) and 593 posts. The posting rate was much higher when the forums were shiny and new so there’s even less traffic now than three weeks ago but if we average this out we get a figure of 3.18 threads a day and 26.95 posts a day. Over a rolling 100 day period that would be 318 threads and 2695 posts, well short of the 500 / 20,000 required to obtain TL3.

I checked the English language Diablo EU forum. Assuming that I didn’t miss something, I see that there are 79 topics total and 655 posts across all subforums. There are no posts in the Barbarian, Necromancer. or Wizard forums.

3 Likes

Well, you’d also think the Discourse parser could create non-clickable links like the old forum software did automatically, but alas, it doesn’t. Players have to jump through hoops to do simple things like that below TL3. From everything I’ve experienced with my recent forum project, whatever iteration of Discourse Blizzard has set up is a fustercludge of mismatching parts and whatnot. I mean, half the HTML supported is HTML 4 only, preventing use of modern HTML code (e.g. anchors), while the HTML 5 allowed elements are crippled because CSS is disabled for the non-Blizzard posters (it’s why underlined text via HTML is impossible and you have to use a curmudgeon of HTML and meticulously placed markdown or exploit the quoting system to do the same as Perusoe has had to do).

Not much surprises me anymore with regard to missing amenities. :wink:

You’re preaching to the choir, gurl.

But as I pointed out, the bigger issue is that the privileges are all messed up. I was TL1 when I posted those cat vids lol - which I shouldn’t have been able to. Only became TL2 yesterday.

And TL2 is no different than TL1. Can post vids, cannot post links to so-called trusted sites, even Blizz’s own page.

So TL2 is a total waste.

It seems fairly common for EU players to actively post here - and that it has been this way for years.

It is 'new forum " day 23 according to my summary and we now have hit 10,000 posts, half way to the 20,000 posts relative to the TL3 requirements.

3 Likes

This Trust system or whatever it is kind of garbage.

Can’t quote. Can’t link (even to D3’s own webpages). Can’t post too much a day. Heaven forbid you actively participate in multiple discussions at once.

1 Like

Yes you can. Highlight the section you want to quote and click the quote button that pops up. What you can’t do is quote the whole post when replying. They did that to prevent wall of spam quote reposts.

This is silly and should be fixed. All Blizz sites should be clickable links like the old forums, regardless of trust level.

It takes 15 mins to get to TL 1 which lets you post all you want.

Something you can also easily do once you hit TL 1. You are, in fact, already TL 1.

Your limits now are on links, number of likes per day, number of reports per day (something we all have no matter TL).

How do I get to TL1?

This getting timed out is annoying.

And not being able to quote a whole post is not being able to quote as far as I concerned.

Quoting half of what I want strips it of its context.

Obviously I don’t need or want to quote walls of text. But when system deletes my posts for quoting two sentences, that is no good. Bad design.

You already are TL1. All you had to do was meet the very basic interaction requirements. They are covered in the sticky thread about the new forum features. New Forum Guide - Syntax & Features

Why am I still getting timed out then?

I couldn’t post yesterday for like 4 hours and finally gave up. Same thing happened over the weekend.

I have no idea at all. That is not something most people seem to have an issue with. I don’t know if you have any security settings or browser setting that might interfere.

The good news is that if you visit the forum on another 7 days total, you will get to Trust Level 2.

3 Likes

Is there an official list somewhere of what can/cannot be done at each Trust Level ?

The reason I ask is that, in the French language version of the forum guide (Guide du nouveau forum - Syntaxe et fonctionnalités - Discussion Générale - World of Warcraft Forums), the ability to create links and video embeds to trusted websites is available starting at TL 1.

Les joueurs au niveau de confiance 1 peuvent :
— Ouvrir un nombre illimité de sujets.
— Poster un nombre illimité de réponses/posts.
— Editer des wiki posts.
— Report/flag des posts.
— Créer un lien ou poster des vidéos vers des sites de confiance comme Blizzard, Youtube ou Twitch.

1 Like

Updated OP for Week 4 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I wonder what requirements you will have to meet if there’s a Trust level 4 added.

I’ll give you a hint: It isn’t possible for any forum poster or MVP.

I’ll give you a second hint: My first hint is an actual honest to goodness fact.

Updated OP for Week 5 :sunglasses:

3 Likes