Forum change : Category/Thread links missing when in threads

Today I noticed when going into a thread, there are no longer links to easily go back to the forum category. Noticed on two different systems and checked two different browsers, so that rules out computer or browser settings. Checked D2:R forums as well as D3 General Discussion forum. Now you have to scroll all of the way up or down for a link, whereas that link bar normally stays at the top of the screen.

Checked the old forums for Classic Games Tech Support, it’s the same way there.

Is this a permanent change? Sorry, I get used to how things work, then it suddenly changes.

Thank you for your time!

4 Likes

Hey TheDarkJedi,

We noticed this issue as well after an update to the forum platform released. It has been passed up the chain and hopefully we’ll see a fix relatively soon.

Thanks for reporting it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!

:+1:

2 Likes

There was a forum patch today to update them. These days all the forums use the same software which is called Discourse. You can look it up on their site and forums for info on all the stuff it can do.

Blizzard does not use all the features, and has a few customized (esp the WoW forums).

It was certainly not you! It was the patch today. I tried asking what changed but as another MVP put it “seeeeeecrets”. Heh.

2 Likes

Over on the SCR forum, the profile icon is glitched as well:
https://i.postimg.cc/4x6ct8kt/icon.png

I saw something similar to that in the D2:R forums. I thought it was since I had the forum up on my portrait oriented screen, it went away when moving the browser to the landscape oriented screen. Maybe the width the page was set to had something to do with it.

That’s the placeholder that appears just prior to the asset loading. I saw the same thing just briefly on these fora for my forum avatar and then it appeared properly. Seems your browser either didn’t load it properly or the asset CDN stalled somehow.

Hi:

Seems to be fixed now…
:slight_smile:

Cheers !

3 Likes

Yep. Both of the forum glitches mentioned here were fixed.

1 Like