For the Devs: {please buff POJ TR}

Hi Devs,

I hope this message gets to you guys.

I would be remiss if I didn’t ask for this, but please make Patterns of Justice Tempest Rush on par with the other top builds in the game.

It just doesn’t compete with the solo speeds Necromancer and Demon Hunter can accomplish. It’s about 10-15 greater rift tiers behind.

This is by far, the most enjoyable class for me. The way it moves, the animation, the stacking, and finally the letting go, cyclone strike animation, or spacebar force move for exploding everything and killing the rift guardian in 1 click/release is the most satisfying activity I do in game.

But after calculating paragon experience, it would take at least DOUBLE the amount of what I do to compensate for what I can do with Necromancer/Demon Hunter.

And to top it all off, Monk is not part of the meta anymore, given that Necromancers don’t need toughness buffs from support Monks, and that there is no room for Tempest rush Monk for either TK or RGK.

I really love this game, the community, and depth. I really hope my favorite class gets some love in Season 23.

-Magni

1 Like

Why only PoJ TR?
Swk Tr is also too bad
WoL is way behind, even Ulianabuild is stronger now and even Uliana is too bad. Uliana should be THE trashkiller build (in grps). WoL shoul be a TK build that is easy to play and little weaker for grp only but solo pretty even. TR should be a “good for all” build that can kill champ packs.
Then coming to two builds that are so much behind that anyone forgot their existence: Generator and especially LTK. LTK is that bad performing that it is approx 10 lvl worse that WoL / Uliana and generator. LTK should be an easy to play boss / champ pack killer and generator THE RGK build for monk. I mean from the right now point of view ltk has perma epi and gen does not - that is in fact the difference that makes ltk easier to play if it just had enough dmg and def. ltk is so bad performing that it hurts to play it but it was so much fun at times it were a good build.

3 Likes

Completely agree! Monk is definitely in need of lots of love next season not just from POJ buffs.

2 Likes

These have always been the problem with Monks since the beginning…lacking toughness and damage for the solo builds and not enough damage mitigation and healing for the support builds.

I am a die-hard fan of this class; totally enjoy everything about it but I am not blind to it’s deficiencies. I’ve just given up bringing it to anyone’s attention and hope that the powers that be would fix all the things that are wrong with Monks, or at the very least, make them not AS bad and not SO many. :unamused:

I’ve played this class since Day 1 and have seen all the changes made to it, some good and some bad. With the solo builds, I really enjoyed the time when they made changes to the R6 set and buffed Shenlong’s; that was the ONLY time Monks were able to compete on the solo leaderboards AND was the actual RGK in groups…then they introduced the Necromancer and needless to say, we lost that role quickly. Since then, we’ve lagged behind the other classes in clearing greater rifts solo and we still do to this day.

With the support builds, after all this time, I’ve noticed a pattern each and every time Monks were replaced by another class and have come to realize one undisputed fact: the zmonk’s healing and damage mitigation skills do not come close, nor can they compete to other classes’ skills that increase group damage. It happened when Crusaders were introduced to the game; they replaced Monks in the 4-man meta because they increased the group’s Critical Hit Damage. With the recent changes to Demon Hunters, they have now replaced Monks as support…I have to admit, I love Multishot and those sentries. :slightly_smiling_face:

We all know what needs to be done for our solo builds; those issues have been brought up many times already…who knows? maybe next season they’ll listen.

With the support builds, there was only one thing I could think of to make them viable again, un-nerf Serenity/Ascension. When they added that cooldown to it, it rendered the skill useless. If a Monk has a high enough CDR, we gave permanent invulnerability to anyone close enough. I remember before they nerf’d this skill - not even lag could kill me! :laughing:. This could really work well with the changes made to Squirt’s; both the TK and RGK don’t have to worry about losing it’s proc as long as the Monk is right next to them. I don’t know, I’m not very good at theocrafting, just offering suggestions…

I can’t really fault anyone in particular about what’s happening to this class. I guess it’s all part of balancing the classes, I’m hoping they’ll come back around to us eventually :slightly_smiling_face:

I sometimes look at the communities I’m in and I could count the number of people playing Monks with one hand, most of the time, I’m the only one, LOL. But no matter what they do to this class, no matter how much they screw this class up, I love playing my Monk, I truly enjoy playing her… always have and always will. Sorry for the long post.

2 Likes