For D2Re : Racial conversions on characters may violates original D2 concept

OK, but it didn’t because the first Diablo had a black Sorcerer and the second Diablo had a black Paladin. and the third Diablo had a black Witch Doctor…I’m not sure what the issue is here but this pretending that Diablo is racist is insane.

1 Like

They just look like updated models of the originals really. You have to really stretch to find anything offensive here.

2 Likes

The thing is, that there’s a bit of hypocrisy here…

For example…If we had Paladin (or Sorc) being changed to a white male/female, there would’ve been an outrage…

Now that we see that they changed the Assassin from a white female to an asian female, everything is fine and whoever oppose of this change is automatically being called a racist…

either way…just wanted to point that out there…i don’t care that much but if you want to stay true and faithful to the original…characters should stay the same as the original.

5 Likes

Huh? :man_shrugging:t5:

There you go: https://i.redd.it/5ru4kmgo8ol61.jpg

That doesn’t help. What part of Sanctuary is Asia in?

You do know that people who come from Asia are all different colors/races/ethnicities right?

You are trying to create a non issue.

My bigger concern is that, even if you believe what you are saying is true, why does it bother you? :thinking:

I am not sure the original assassin qualifies as “white” I am personally leaning more towards vampire.

Anybody taking bets on how long before this thread gets locked?

1 Like

I can’t believe it’s been open this long.

Again…where’s the canon that says each class has to be a certain race, age, body type etc…?

“Because they were that way pre-remaster” is not a good enough reason. We could be looking at a different individual representing each class this time around.

1 Like

To be honest, when I saw that the remastered assassin was asian, I just figured she was always asian and that I never noticed because the character models were so low-res.

And the paladin was always a black guy. Are people seriously just now noticing that?

2 Likes

I mean, it’s a video game. Who cares. I play to have fun, not to see what race each playable character is.

3 Likes