Followers bugged (strength based gear for int/dex characters)

So, if you’re playing a int or dex based character, gear dropping with strength as the primary stat is pretty rare. You can’t re-roll the primary stat from int/dex to str at the mystic, since it only will offer int/dex. You’d have to create a str based character, and re-roll the stat accordingly.

If Blizzard is trying to direct players to go with the sorc for int characters, rogue for dex based characters and templar for str based characters, it’s stupid and another example of bad design.

Since follower skills for the templar are based on his strength, populating him with dex or int based gear isn’t really going to take full advantage of the new follower system, isn’t it?

Did anyone at Blizzard even think of this? Obviously not.

an easy fix to this is creating a lv 1 character for the stat you need. even if the character is lv 1 you can roll the main stat on a lv 70 item to fix the problem as all of the items the followers would be wearing aren’t class specific such as a Witch Doctor Mojo or Wizard Hat. this will require giving up 2 character slots to do so but it’s not uncommon to make mules throughout the season due to limited stash space anyways so just make sure you have a mule for each main stat option.

1 Like

I’m well aware of this, it’s still a bug in game design though. What happens if all my character slots are full (yeah, consoles get less character slots than the PC version of the game)…

It’s pretty clear that Blizzard didn’t think this through very well.

It’s working as designed, it’s just a bad design.
That doesn’t mean it’s a bug.

1 Like

I would disagree. BAD designs in software are also considered bugs (UI bugs as an example).

No they’re not, they’re bad design decisions. If the software works the way the design says it should, it’s not bugged. The issue is the design, not the implementation.