Followers and "Pets"

Posted by Meteorblade -
"If you equip all three followers and the hero with a Unity ring, that means incoming damage is split between all four of them, i.e. it would provide 75% damage mitigation. I only vaguely recall Monks using this ring as part of a usual build setup but I guess this could be a nice mitigation option for hardcore heroes. It would also give the hero healing (templar), resource generation (templar), attack speed (enchantress) and crit chance (scoundrel), with lots of opportunities for generating Oculus circles.

Also, as followers are only present for solo players, if the theme massively buffed what followers could contribute (in terms of damage output) with some sort of multiplier, this would mean that solo players wouldn’t be at as much of a disadvantage compared to group players."

Meteorblade, thank you for this post that I copied from another thread. I put this under new player help as it is good information and I have a couple of questions. I didn’t know that in group play followers aren’t allowed in the dungeon. (No, haven’t done group play YET!) If I equip a Unity ring in solo play, will my follower split my damage or is that what happens anyway without Unity ring equipped?

Do “pets” (my shadow group of fighters) take damage? Does equipping Unity ring change that damage?
My thanks for answers. And I do apologize if I didn’t do this correctly.