Follower gear suggestion

I like the expanded follower gear and emanation in season 23, but I think the new system would benefit from making follower gear account specific rather than character specific.

That seems like gilding the lily to me. The actual stats on follower gear is pretty irrelevant. What matters is what effects they’re giving you. I typically run with goldskin chest, the TP shoulders, nemesis bracers, flavor of time, 3 pieces of sages, and leoric’s on my followers but I don’t care what the stats are. Except for the one monk running with the scoundrel most of the gear is completely mismatched, str gear for the enchantress or int gear for the templar. But I’m still farming crazy amounts of DB, gems, and gold and rift runs are super fast.

1 Like

CDR is extremely useful on templar. Attack speed is recommended. Getting at least 25 000 mainstat is important. Goldskin and Sage’s doesn’t help in GRs… and so on.

I wouldn’t mind if the follower gear was saved as part of our character in the armory. It would be useful to have Sage and Cain’s equipped and stored for torment farming but easily swap to a GR setup where those are not needed.

Just gonna advertise my thread here, List of Follower Items (That may or may not work), dont mind me. =)

Imo, followers (especially with the rework), are a bit underestimated. Though to be fair, I may slightly overestimate their value. I’m a bit biased towards them, because for the most part I’m semi-actively trying to see what their potential is without using the “cannot die” token.

And I don’t feel enough players have actually ventured to do that. Even if you follow maxroll.gg Follower guides or follower sections in their build guides. I dunno, It kinda shows me that they didn’t really put a ton of work into it. (imo)

Templar can live upwards of GR140+, maybe even GR150 (credit to dmkt). Personally I’ve tested Scoundrel upwards of GR120 and GR125. And Enchantress is probably pretty close to survivability as Templar, but likely a few GRift levels lower.

…But are followers impactful enough that you’re going to want to augment their items just so they can survive for pushing without using the “cannot die” token?
Probably not…Atleast not in Seasonal gameplay anyway.

It feels like something more needs to be added to followers. I view them more as a Utility, whereas theres alot of people that want them to deal more meanful damage. And if characters start scaling off of Followers with these shared stats, it just adds more powercreep to the game, theres too much powercreep as is.

1 Like