Follower Gear quick stat check missing gems

Ok, so I really like the ability to fully equip my followers with a full set of gear, but there seems to be a bug in the quick stat check (I don’t know the name of the feature).

Normally, when we hover our mouse over a piece of gear, we get pop-ups telling us how that piece of gear affects the damage, toughness, and recoverability of both our character and our current follower. The issue is, these values are incorrect if the piece of gear has gems. Because of this, if the current piece of gear has red gems, or the piece of gear that I’m replacing has red gems, then I have to equip that piece of gear on my Templar to see if his stats go up or down.

Every time there’s a gem involved, I have to ignore the indicator telling me how much the stats will change for the Templar because that indicator doesn’t take gems into account.

The values ARE correct for Characters. The values ARE NOT correct only for Followers. Pressing the Shift key while mousing-over items will allow you to compare your Character items without the Gems factored in. Unfortunately, this also DOES NOT work with Follower items.

It has always been this way since Diablo III was first released on May 15, 2012.

It would be nice if Blizzard changed this. But, after 9 years I don’t expect they will.

1 Like

I had no idea that this was a bug before the current season. Then again, before the current season, the items that were on the follower didn’t matter (for the most part). I either game the an item that unlocks all of their abilities or I gave them an item that makes them un-killable and combine that with the Ring of Unity to get 50% damage reduction.

But, with the way that the followers have been revamped for this season, which gear goes on them matters a lot more than before.