Follower Cheat Death

Technically speaking, all three followers now have a cheat death passive. However, the only one that actually acts like one is the Templar’s. Let me set a scene. You’re trying to push a 120 GR and you took fatal damage in a poison pool. You cheat death using the Enchantress/Scoundrel passive, and die 1 second after because of all the elite affixes lying around. The problem with the Scoundrel + Enchantress cheat death is that it neither a) grants invulnerablity or b) regenerates life. Without those two, the cheat death is essentially worthless against elites as they’ll just kill you using their affixes and whatnot.

In order to make them actually useful, I feel like the base abilities can stay, but they should have either 2-3 secs of invunerability or +10-20% life to make sure the player doesn’t die immediately.

2 Likes

This is why I use the templar. I liked the utility of the sorceress when I first played. I fell in love with the scoundrel’s banter and used them for 7-8 years. Now I settle on the templar due to their actual life saving ability.