Fmode freezes Solution

Unfortunately, got a freeze in the first GR 110 (solo) I ran.

5/2/2021: Ran GR 120’s last night with my zbarb - continuous freezes :frowning:

Unfortunately this fix dose not work for me the game is completely unplayable. It would have been nice to have sound again!

Guess I just have to stick to the fmodex64.dll fix for now till someone finds a fix that works for everyone!

This worked perfect for me started playing D3 again a few day’s ago and the mini stutter lag was driving me crazy.

1 Like

Can we have someone from Blizzard at least tell us something with respect to this issue that has been ongoing for 3 seasons now?

It really is a game breaking issue for the hardcore people and a frustration for us softcore people.

Can you at least, also, allow those that choose to use the fmod DLL fix to keep that DLL there that is provided by Hero’s of the Storm? I personally don’t use that fix due to my really liking the sound when I do GRs.

Thanks.

Ive not had an issue since using these new files, strange it does not work for some. Maybe user error. Still only getting the below fault in huge density fights.

2021.05.02 15:24:08.121415100 FMOD Error during ‘FMOD_Channel_SetPosition’: An invalid seek position was passed to this function.
2021.05.02 15:24:08.121714700 FMOD Memory - total: 178257920
2021.05.02 15:24:08.121924900 FMOD Memory - allocated: 50917680, - max allocated: 64412776

Could be that some of us play way too many hours at a time. I start in the morning and am almost done by the time evening supper is around.

I would have to say it seems to take about 1 to 3 hours before the first fault then it’s pretty common occurrence there after.

Can you please re-upload these files? Would greatly appreciate it!

I don’t think you need to download them; if you run fully patched Win10, the suitable versions of these DLLs should already be in your Windows\System32 directory. The exact version doesn’t have to match; it’s the first 2 numbers, which are Major.Minor parts, that are important.

On my machine, they are both 14.28.29334.0. As long as you see the “14.28.whatever”, it should be okay.

Just make sure you don’t accidentally delete or overwrite anything in the System32 directory. That might lead to unpredictable consequences.

Just delete the files in game directory before launch, easier.

The files don’t need to be downloaded.
The can be found in your system32 AND sysWOW64 directory.
If using the 64bit version of the game then search for the 2 files in the sysWOW64 directory.
If using the 32bit version search for the 2 files in the system32 directory.

After you find them in there they can be copied to the diablo3 folder. Make sure to put the 2 files in the correct diablo directory(x64 if using 64 bit)

I can confirm this has fixed my suttering/performance issues. I’ve been playing for just over a week with no issues.

It’s actually the other way around:

• System32 - 64-bit
  • SysWoW64 - 32-bit

Confusing, I know, but Microsoft had its reasons to set it up this way.

1 Like

Really? Now that’s something I didn’t know. Either way the solution still worked. Thanks for the info

This is only for 64-bit Windows. If you still have a 32-bit OS (which you probably shouldn’t in 2021), then System32 directory will contain 32-bit libraries, and the SysWoW64 will be absent altogether.

Did not work for me :neutral_face: and I’m on a 64bit