Flavor of Time question

Per the patch notes “Only wearers of this item gain this effect. This is intended.” Does this mean only those who are wearing the amulet when the pylon is clicked get the double duration? I believe PTR granted the effect for everyone in the group regardless of who was actually wearing it. I watched a couple of videos discussing the new patch notes but either they said “the person wearing it doesn’t have to click it to get the bonus” which doesn’t answer what happens with those not wearing it at all or they completely glossed over it. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

My interpretation is who clicks doesn’t matter but only wearer gets it.

Ie: wiz no fot. The rest has. Wiz clicks pylon, the rest has 2x but not wiz.

Ie 2: now barb clicks pylon. Wiz still don’t have 2x but rest has.

3 Likes

The final patch note could not be more clear, could it? No point even to ask the question…

1 Like

Yes. Flavor of time is required for everybody to wear for end game, thus limiting build variety. This is intended.

3 Likes

Yes, having a chance at doing 4x damage for 30 more seconds is much better than doing double damage all the time, including those 30 seconds youre doing 4x damage /s

To be clear:

1. It does not matter who clicks the Pylon. And it does not matter if the one who clicks the Pylon is wearing The Flavor of Time Amulet.

1. All those, and ONLY those, who are wearing The Flavor of Time will gain the benefit.

It was bugged in the PTR and not “working as intended”.

It has been fixed for Patch 2.6.6 when it goes Live.

2.6.6 Patch Notes: Items (Items link currently not working)

Flavor of Time

• New Legendary Power: Pylon effects last twice as long.
  • Note: Only wearers of this item gain this effect. This is intended.
3 Likes