Flavor of time not working when others click

Flavor of time only seems to provide the additional time when the wearer clicks the pylon. If another member of the party not wearing flavor clicks the pylon, the other members who are wearing it dont get the additional time.

I was in a gr doing 2 mans around gr 70. Necro was clicking it and I a barb was wearing flavor.

Working as intended. Its just like Nemesis bracers. The wearer has to click the pylon. Same as the other one(sorry forgot which item its called ;( ) that lasts 10 minutes when clicking a shrine.

1 Like

This is, indeed, a bug and runs counter to the intent. Any player wearing Flavor of Time should benefit from the buff, regardless of who clicks the pylon.

Thank you for the report!

2 Likes

Surely you can understand the confusion as this runs against the mechanic of every other buffing item of this type in the game…

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by that.

1. If someone, anyone, in your Party clicks a Pylon, everybody gets the Pylon effect.

1. If only one Party member is wearing the Nemesis Bracers, for example, and someone else clicks a Pylon, everybody gets the Pylon effect. But, if the person that clicked it isn’t wearing the Nemesis Bracers there will be no Elites spawned.

1. If only one Party member is wearing The Flavor of Time and someone else clicks a Pylon, everybody gets the Pylon effect. The difference is that the Party member(s) that is/are wearing The Flavor of Time will have the effect last twice as long.

Nemesis Bracers Description

Shrines and Pylons will spawn an enemy champion.

Therefore a player wearing the Nemesis Bracers must click the Pylon to spawn the Elites.

The Flavor of Time Description

Pylon effects last twice as long.

Therefore anyone can click the Pylon and any player wearing The Flavor of Time will have their Pylon effect last twice as long.

It’s the same thing with the Arcstone and Unity Rings. Only those wearing them are affected. So now, The Flavor of Time Amulet, the Arcstone Ring and the Unity Ring all work the same. The Nemesis Bracers only behave differently because of what it does.

At least, that’s how I understand it to work. And I believe that Nevalistis is saying that, if it isn’t working this way, it is a game bug.

Correct! There does appear to be inconsistency in how it’s triggering on PTR, and we will be fixing that for 2.6.6 live.

2 Likes

This will make FOT simply mandatory for group play.
If you don’t have it you will be left behind once someone clicks a speed pylon.

I think applying buff on the whole party would be better for everyone.

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with this idea. But, if it was changed to work this way then the player wearing TFoT would have to be the one who clicks the Pylon. (Just like it works with Nemesis Bracers).