Flavor of Time is OP!

Since greater rifts are the only endgame content we have, the new flavor of time will become absolutely mandatory for every build!
Every build that uses a set amulet will have a huge disadvantage to other builds with FoT
Please nerf or change Flavour of time (e.g. increase duration by max. 20%)

2 Likes

I need to disagree here. This amulet is End Game and because of that I like it that much.

I tried to re-roll 76 Flavor of Time on PTR and never comes close to what I need:

15-20% Element Damage You need
8-10% Crit Chance
90-100% Crit Damage
6-7% Attack Speed
Socket

Sometimes 2 or when I have luck 3 stats were there but bad. But to get 4 or 5 with a very good stat. Chance is sooo low. That is why I like it. Finally someting to farm again.

3 Likes

Im like 99% sure thats why they added it to this item because this item is so hard to get a good version of

3 Likes

I agree.
Twice the time is overkill, something around 20% should be enough.

1 Like

Even a bad Flavor of Time is OP because of the effect!

Don’t forget that in order to use it, you will have to lose EW, which itself provides significant boost to dmg. Not sure if it will quite balance out, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did. Especially if you don’t get lucky with pylon placement…

1 Like

Or… make the effect only available outside of Greater Rifts.

Still pretty legit for T16 runs.

If they wanted to make it a tough item sacrifice choice, it would have been relegated to a weapon.
Look at all the 6PCE set and LoN builds pushing the top slots. Nearly very one of them requires a specific weapon combination to be effective at a high level. Some can be adapted that use furnace perhaps, but not many. There are not really a lot of choices ‘where’ that cover every character class.

The necromancer is still the only class that has no belt, amulet, ring or bracers as part of a green set. It might benefit most.

Have they changed how the amulet rolls? If not, you’re not going to get a Flavor of Time like that ever because it always roll with CDR and run speed.

2 Likes

I disagree with the OP. I think the only change this item needs is to get rid of guaranteed movement speed on the neck piece. Since this item is on a neck piece slot it competes with the endless walk set or hellfires. In short you have a choice of getting double duration pylons, 100% more damage or an extra passive on any given class.

Totally disagree. Yes remove MS but keep the item as is. Nothing is wrong with it. Getting over the game by any means is the option here. Fun is not needed.

I would love it if the item no longer rolled Movement (forgot about that!). I do like that it allows 5 affixes though. Makes it a challenge to attain.

I suggest allowing EITHER CDR or AS in that one affix slot, as most builds benefit from at least one of these two.

As to the issue with it being too powerful, i’d suggest not. Would I put it in a similar tier as CoE, Squirts, Zodiac, Endless Walk, RoRG - absolutely.

Thus far I feel it is balanced fairly well with the upper most pickings as far as jewelry are concerned.

Sets that have an amulet have often had a (slight) advantage in the past because there just simply were not enough jewelry choices to make it worth dropping. Well, guess what? we have more choices now than just CoE and EW! amazing.

lol if you take it down to 20% or even % its usless

1 Like

I’m not sure but someone say pylons with this amulet in 4-player GR don’t affect to other Party members or only 1-2 of them. Is that true?

I think its going to be a great addition for farming builds mostly. Especially when running 70 GR’s to level up augment gems. I think its a cool idea and offers players a little bit more variety

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?
If it’s only for the clicker then it’s going to be mostly useless outside of solo play.

I’m imagining all 4 players wearing this and people fighting over who gets to click the pylon.

No Wizard and Nec More OP

This is not correct. As mentioned in other threads on the Flavor of Time:

1. As long as the person wearing Flavor of Time clicks the pylon, ALL party members obtain the increased duration of the pylon;

2. The exception to (1) so far are the Shield and Conduit pylons.

In short, this item is good for both solo and group play, and I really don’t see how this could be ‘OP’. For crying out loud, plenty of people are saying that the season buff (pools) dynamic isn’t enough, and now we have people saying that this item is ‘OP’, likely said by people who haven’t even tested it?

It looks fine to me, and removing the affect for Shield and Conduit for non-wearers makes perfect sense from a balance perspective.

EDIT: Apparently Blue posters and other testers disagree with my perceived value of this item:

I don’t agree, its not OP in my opinion. I have been using it for a build instead of a hellfire and I find its a nice boost, I always hated how short pylons were. It’s never going to be the best in slot for pushing higher GR’s so I feel its a nice trade off grinding out gear and lower GR’s for gem ups. In short perfect farming alternative for best in slot necklaces.

2 Likes