Fjord Cutter + Bracers of Destruction Change

Please remove Fjord’s requires slow or chilled enemies to receive the damage buff. It’s a long range ability with a huge area and the sources of those effects are typically small (oh except for 1 of the 5 runes of SS itself…) or not ideal in solo play. The weapon already has 50% increased attack speed to cover the rune trade-off, i mean it’s an ice axe makes sense for the ice rune but the power of the weapon means it will be “required” for any seismic slam build and until i get a physical, fire, and lightning version. this would be better.

If you’re worried about Rumble doing a lot of damage i don’t think you should be. Rumbling once every 3 seconds instead of 2-3 attacks per second, etc…

As for Bracers i would prefer to keep it how it was, first 5 enemies it hits, but increase the damage to 700%-850% or so. This would keep their over all power similar but maintain the small pack damage boost they originally had while also allowing for the aoe dps to be an option also.

[Fjord Cutter](https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/fjord-cutter-P3_Unique_Mighty_1H_006)

• New Legendary Power: Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and also deals 100-150% increased damage against Slowed or Chilled enemies

[Bracers of Destruction](https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/bracers-of-destruction-P61_Unique_Bracer_100)

• Seismic Slam deals [400-500%] increased damage to the first 5 10 enemies it hits.

Thx for all the hard work. :smiley:

Before you make recommendations on these items you shouldn’t you at least take the time to test them out?

4 Likes

Fjord Cutter is clearly designed to be used with the Permafrost rune , which is the best one for the S/S build in any case, and the limitation on 5 enemies on the bracers has long been recognised as the sticking point for progress in the slam builds. If you want to do a lot of damage to fewer enemies, HotA is the way to go anyway (especially if Remorseless stays as shown in the patch notes).

not much to test if they work as proposed. I guess i could look into slow and chilled affects more but i don’t even want to slot earthquake cold rune. That Fjords weapon killed blade of the tribes FOTVP quake/slam combo from what i can see.

like doubling the builds damage wouldn’t break through the limitation? and lets not design incredible powerful legendaries around one rune.

My proposed changes are quite tame. Maybe people who wish to pigeonhole SS into a trash killer would prefer the current BOD but the difference is minimal.

But the Tribes+Peak combo was never really intended for a Slam-centric build. Now, if you want to play a Slam build, you have actual Slam-centric weapons as opposed to being forced to use Tribes and spread your damage over multiple skills.

And no, it hasn’t killed the build. You can still push Physical EQ+Slam into the high 20s, and if you prefer to equip Peak, you can use Trapped to maximize SS damage with any rune.

The changes to Fjord were meant to buff Pro-Slam. They will succeed in doing so, which is great, but you can certainly use other runes. Will they be as good? Probably not, but that’s Diablo III: one skill rune is almost always significantly better than others.

2 Likes

my viewpoint is from a zei’s user position i’m going in with some leaps then leaping out. Yes i get no escape but lose good bloodshed area.

removing the slow/chilled doesn’t really hurt anything. The leap 10 yard radius 3 second slow could be enough but would be cutting it close, and only if the death from above rune or the call of arreat rune keeps the slow. Leaping then leaping 20 yards above or below then out. (the slow area would be probably half the size)

edit: the stun rune leap doesn’t appear to slow (not sure if 4p mote adds it). The aoe on the other runes is laughably small except for call of arreat which with 2 leaps would be close to the SS size.