Fixing/making Manald Heal relevant again. Thoughts?

It’s not the weapon damage on Chantodo’s that makes it strong, it’s the ridiculous multipliers and APS on Vyr that makes it all work.

No question there may be some balancing required to make Manald “just right”. Ideally they do something with Winter Flurry at the same time to make “Shatter” type Vyr builds work too.

And now let’s all go back to TV hydra cause it’s more fun! Right? ^^

:disappointed:

That is very wrong. Damage output in this entire game is based on weapon damage.

This is the reason why Archon skills do a tiny fraction of damage compared to Chantodo, even after the huge nerf to the attack speed bonus.
This is also why Archon skills do a small fraction of damage even compared to Manald Heal, which has been far from relevant for many patches now.

…right? But there seems to be little point in discussing it with him :stuck_out_tongue:

To be honest it would be a lot more fun if Deathwish and etched sigil didn’t require you to channel for 1sec before receiving the buff.

Or even if we had different options to choose from for weapons

1 Like

The first thing is easy. The 2nd thing is hard. I’ve done some thinking on the matter and really got no where. The thing about Wizard builds is they really need that 6x multiplier to be viable, so whatever is done needs to be equivalent to a static 500%, probably a even higher because you’ll remove the extra AP spender from the equation too.

First things first:

Deathwish now increases the damage of channeling spells by 300-600%.
  • A new legendary power like Arcane Dynamo would work.
    You could set it up “using a signature skills buffs your next arcane power spender by X%, stacking up to Y.”, where X would be like 125% and stack up to 5 times.
  • You could even make a weapon that goes specifically with the Tal Rasha’s set bonus; where using an Elemental spell buffs damage damage by 125%, stacking up to 4 times for 500%. I don’t see anything wrong with making weapons specifically geared for sets to use.

This covers Channeling, signature spells, Tal’s …I’d also like to see specific element legendary powers.

Rimeheart/Burning Axe of Sankess buffing Cold/Fire (respectively) damage spells by like 500% seems possible.

I’m not sure what kind of item your advocating then? The whole point of the item is to make lightning builds possible. If you’re simply advocating an item that “lightning skills do 75% more damage, that seems kinda boring.”

My suggestion for Manald Heal:

• Gain half of the effects of Paralysis. If Paralysis is enabled, stun chance is increased by 15% instead. Enemies stunned with paralysis take xxx% more damage from lightning attacks.

Plz add:

Stuns by Paralysis do not build CC immunity.

Yeah the problem i’m having with this item is that after a while mobs become immune to paralysis and then the ring does no damage.

I think it’s an interesting idea to have a powerful effect but has a “build” cost in terms of a passive.

One option would be “Instead of stunning the target, Paralysis now deals X% weapons damage”.

That’s not how Manald works. The damage still triggers even if a mob is immune; it just checks to make sure Paralysis triggered, not that a stun is applied.

Are you sure about this? cause i can see this on rift guardians, when the stun DR kicks in i also stop seeing the big damage spikes (sure it might be a coincidence and not proc exactly at that time) but in general i see the bulk of the damage early in the fight

Absolutely, 100%. There is an element of RNG if Paralysis doesn’t trigger for long periods of time.

Manald Heal still does damage if enemies are immune to the stun

It would amazing play electrocute with lightning hydra. It’s the most fun ever setup (IMO).

They might change “Storm Crow” helm and “Thundergod’s Vigor” belt with something useful maybe.

Dealing damage with lightning skills can release bolts of lightning. Kind of like old-school titan’s fury amazons.

Hm… kinda like:

Manald Heal:
Dealing damage with a Lightning Arcane Power spender releases Electrocute from your target. Electrocuted enemies now take 75-100% increased Lightning damage from you for five seconds.

Now pair that with a Reworked Myken & VC:

Myken’s Ball of Hate:
Electrocute can chain to enemies that have already been hit and deals 500-600% increased damage. Hitting less than five different enemies causes the complete arc to repeat all damage dealt.

Velvet Camaral:
Doubles the number of targets Electrocute can jump to, increases the attack speed of the arc by 50% and its damage by 250-300%. Failing to chain to a new enemy causes the arc to detonate, dealing up to half the damage of all remaining jumps in a huge explosion.

Those figures are meant as an example, no math done. Obviously the Auto-Electrocute would mirror your Electrocute rune, if you have the skill in your bar. Otherwise it will be unruned.

Why not make it:
Dealing damage with a lightning skill releases Electrocute from your target. Electrocuted enemies now take 75-100% increased lightning damage from you for five seconds.

That would allow primary skills the ability to proc the electrocute.

@Oblivion
Perfectly satisfactory legendary power. 100% more damage from lightning should put it ahead of CoE for lightning builds, and the electrocute proc is just cool (if trivial) and it shouldn’t be ridiculously overpowered. I would be content with this item - if Blizzard implements it.

Part of the reason I’ve withdrawn from D3 is the fact we can design, analyze and tweak legendary powers all we want, but none of our feedback is ever used. Ever. None.

Case in point: Typhoon's Veil /SS

The Barbarian community was heard after a very long time. And they took some ideas one to one out of their proposal. The issue is more the responses of CMs and devs. They didn’t communicate well what was fixed after PTR. Wizard community had to find out TVs fix on live. Instead of saying they can’t say stuff and writing long posts about it why. They could infact give smaller but useful information. Just as Matthew Cederquist does when he posts. They should go out their way and change more legendaries per PTR. If something turns out extremely op or weak, it’s just for about 3 months. My personal conspiracy theory is that after Blizzcon 2018 a lot of Devs their changed from WC3 Reforged to D3. (Both are handled by the classics team) which led to new sets for D3 but left Reforged in a bad release state. After Reforged released and the bad reviews, they moved back some devs to fix WC3 Reforged faster. Giving D3 a little bit less content, then they planned for. And for the forseeable Future SC2 could be handled by the classics team, too. That’s a crazy workload for a small dev team. They are missing to many devs even for their mayor games.