Fixing Shenlong's proc

So an issue with shenlong’s proc is it doesn’t always proc after receiving full spirit Max. My suggestion to fix this issue is to have it proc when its hitting 97% or so. Because it’s just too inconsistent or viable/fun to play this monk build. Would be great with season 22 coming out.

3 Likes

This is something suggested by various streamers I’ve heard recently, I do think it’s a good idea.

2 Likes

i watched raxx clear a 129 on ptr and while its all super strong, you sure as hell cant play this for long…
Ive never seen him shake his head so often because he either messed up the incredible hard timings or the F*** shenlongs didnt procc with full spirit for 3-5 seconds straight. Thats hillariously broken for a build that relys on aligning stars

3 Likes

IF it were fixed, it would be amazing and more accessible - not to mention more reliable - for all to play as a top performing set. I like how this build/set has been tuned over the last year and I’d love to see it really be done well.

1 Like

They should do 2 things imo.
Buff them to 400 percent or bit more and remove the spirit drain.
Drop the Flurry stacks and make that damage equal in all of the runes for Tempest Rush, so you could choose rather than stacking.

1 Like

There are 3 Monk items that are getting buffed for 2.6.10: Inna, Shenlong, Gungdo.

But community decided Shenlong will be played with TR instead. CHEERS!

But it seems Inna and Gungdo damage is still very lacking. Shenlong has good damage but hard to use due to its outdated mechanism. Sigh

Shenlong

1. Monk needs to generate Spirit (actively or passively) to gain the buff.
  2. And once that buff is attained, Monk is debuffed to lose Spirit thus making it difficult to maintain for spender build.

“Hard to use” is an understatement considering:

Necro has Krysbin, +100% to slowed or +300% if frozen, stunned, blinded.
WD has Ring of Emptiness, +300% to anything with Locust Swarm or Haunt.
Crusader has the new Norvald, dual purpose high mobility and +400% DPS for 5s for just popping it.

All of them had it so easy! It is UNFAIR!

I do love the unique mechanic, but the reward is too little.

My take at a fix:

1. Reduce the spirit cost (does RCR have an affect on this?, if not please do).
  2. Make the DPS further increase as resource drops.
2 Likes