Fix the primal drops forthe love of god!

WTF did you do? The past several seasons I would get at least 3 primals drop. I have played all season 17 up to Grift 86 and nothing! fix this crap! don’t dangle a carrot and make it impossible to achieve! Buttholes!

1 Like

Well, you are Paragon ~600 so you didnt play a whole lot.
You do however get the guarantied primal once you complete a GR 70.
And the drop rate for a primal is about 1/500…
Also you geared out about 4 Chars so that takes time away from quick and efficient legendary farming, lowering your chances even more.
I’m ~Paragon 800 and I only got 4 so far…

1 Like

I looked at your seasonal heroes and they don’t even have ancients in all slots. You’re complaining that you haven’t got enough of something that’s a 1 in 400 drop chance when you haven’t even kitted them out with things that are a 1 in 10 drop chance? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

RNG is RNG - Just play more and stop whining…

1 Like

Huh, imagine that: Not getting something that has 1-2% some odd chance of dropping all season. It’s almost as if primals are rare and hard to come by with only those who have hundreds if not thousands of hours under their belts or are extremely lucky in having more than a handful drop for them. Even more so if those primals are actually useful.

Huh.

Which baboon told you that primals are all that great? Or do you have limited time to show your mama of this accomplishment?

This just made me laugh!!! Im curious to know where your solo 70 primal went. And at what paragon you cleared at 70 because they are not eligible to even drop before this is complete.

1-2%??? So You’re saying primals drop one in every 50 to 100 legendaries. To me it is more like 0.25 to 0.2%.

You are giving false info

And your basically necroposting. This thread is 6months old. Please pay attention to the date before posting

As for the primals the rate has been determined to be around 1 in 400 drop chance. They are no better then ancients and in most cases, you’ll find a well rolled ancient before you find a good primal so the primal difference its 1-2% in strength of power.

1 Like

My entire post was satire, you resurrected a six month old post, and if my post was an issue the more intelligent and seasoned individuals on the forums would have corrected me long before you puttered along to write your post. I quite literally grew a beard between making the post and you responding.

Want hard numbers? Legendary items have a 1 in 10 chance of being ancient and a 1 in 400 chance of being a primal after clearing a Greater Rift 70 solo.

Despite this being an old post, I felt I needed to add something here.

There’s nothing wrong with the drop rate of primals. I’ve kept very detailed info on my drops and if you look at my profile for Octavia, my UE Multishot DH for Season 19 (zarkano#1336), you’ll see I’ve had no problems outfitting my character nearly completely in the appropriate Primals for the spec I run. And that’s 11/13 primals for my GR push build (missing bracers and boots) and 12/13 for the farming build (missing the boots). All of this was done before Paragon 2000. Additionally, I have subsets of bracers, amulets and rings, all primal as well, for specialized tasks.

What it requires, is knowing when a Primal is likely to drop. With record keeping over a number of weeks, I very quickly learned that Primals drop with fairly consistent regularity. Crafting or reforging inside a tight interval ( i.e. 40 to 50 reforges around the time you expect) yields a Primal much of the time.

For me, the average number of legendaries I’ve had to find, craft, or reforge before I could reasonably expect a Primal to drop is in the mid 400’s. Consequently, I start reforging whatever legendary I need around legendary 425 and continue until I get the Primal or use up the mats I budgeted. I’ve had some that became Primals within 8 tries. I had one that took 89 tries. It ended up being # 496 and used up a huge number of mats. But for the most part, I got the Primal I was after. It doesn’t ALWAYS work, but it works enough to be able to use it to your advantage in removing some of the RNG.

That said, I think there are conditions for this to work. Though I can’t be 100% sure of this, I believe you must remain in the same game. Blizzard will never tell us, but there must be a counter in the game and I believe the counter resets when you leave a game and start a new one. Chances are there’s also a ‘pity’ drop built in to ensure players eventually get a Primal drop. Pure speculation on my part but it’s likely no more than 2 x the normal drop rate. I’ve experienced one drought that lasted for 810 legs before finally getting a Primal item.

And of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. I’ve seen a double Primal drop. I’ve seen near concurrent ones (within 20 drops). And I have an factual story about a curious, coincidental run of 6 Primals dropped the day after finding 6 yellow primal affix items in the vault. This included getting a double drop of yellow items with the affix primal in same drop, a fairly rare occurrrence. But then, next day, 2 ‘red beam’ Primals fell in one single drop. Again, pretty rare. But an interesting coincidence nonetheless.

But the longshot of this is, in general, you can expect to get a Primal once every 45 runs of GR 80. It takes work and time to keep accurate track. Some knowledge of statistics, probability and a database program is helpful. Long sessions are required. Most of mine were 4 hours or longer.

This is not gospel. It’s a work in progress. Next season I’ll be keeping detailed records from the start and hopefully I’ll be able to expand on this.

Edit:

For an idea how I started onto this check a post titled “41867 legendaries, primal drop rate” on Reddit by poster Camural.