Fix please because wtf is this

https://i.imgur.com/vAgDW95.jpg

1 Like

I always thought it was intended to look like a dust storm to limit your visibility.

This “issue” has been brought up multiple times already. I think since the first week of Season start. I think by now they probably decided to keep it this way. Most likely because toying with it would cause even more “issues”. There’s like a list of annoying screen/atmosphere changing that was added into S21, its more of a bother than fun imo…

1 Like

Personally I enjoy the weather effects. Especially the Blizzard. But unfortunately, it makes some people nauseous.

Too bad they simply can’t provide options to enable/disable things like this. That way both types of people could be happy.

*sigh

4 Likes

I’m with you. I don’t mind it, adds a little flare to it specially when I’m somewhere and I can’t see anything lol. There should be a “Enable world elements: on/off”

1 Like

Agreed, I know there have been people who suggested this before, but sadly Blizzard never added such an option.

1 Like

It was reported during the PTR, and much more as soon as it hit live.
For example…

The theme doesn’t affect everyone’s graphics quite that badly. I suspect the seriousness might be down to which graphics card / drivers are in use.

I thought it was the character name OP wanted fixed :wink:

1 Like

Without sounding like a broken record, plenty of people have raised the effects issues including people with epilepsy apparently since PTR and you are seeing the results of being listened to.
Was that sarcastic? I should not be, but probably because the amount of people that did not play this season it seems were well below the average figures per season.

Aside from the fact that you almost cannot see anything in the screen (which was reported many times), has anyone not notice that OP do not have ROS?

I know, it’s his choice… and I admire it.

Second thing I noticed, but it didn’t save him from the blatant trolling that is the seasonal theme.

If it were using the modified blizzard effect that Sescheron currently uses, it’d be fine. Instead it’s using the angled and movement dependent (meaning the snow doesn’t move until you do) version that Sescheron had when it first debuted. It’s the extra snow, the angle it travels relative to your directional motion, and the sheer density of the snow that are the problem. I don’t mind the modified blizzard effect, but this theme’s version is attrocious.

Which begs the question -two of them in fact:

1. How is the seasonal theme happening to players not playing seasons? You can’t play seasonal in D3v unless something changed that I didn’t get the memo on.

2. This clearly shows that it is easily possible to have a theme, effect, or buff be present outside of just seasonal play, so why aren’t non-seasonal players given the double bounty cache buff too? Players that want to spend their time building up super powerful characters shouldn’t be penalized by never getting anything of value out of the mode at all. That’s always irked me to no end. I mean hell, even PoE does it better than this - Core gets mechanics from leagues after they end (usually), so they at least get to enjoy those parts of the game at some point. NS players here never get that feeling of satisfaction.

OP is playing season… Season icon is found in the top right.

You are absolutely mistaken if you think that season is only exclusive to RoS and Adventure mode… even for non-RoS D3 owners, season is available, only that they cannot complete the journey.

Interesting…half baked season eh? :slight_smile:

what trolling? since he is playing season, the buff will be there… whether it is adventure mode or campaign mode.

I think WittyGem was referring to the seasonal theme instead of the OP.

You can play a seasonal hero without ROS, you just won’t be able to do much because almost the entirety of the season journey’s tasks require adventure mode, which is ROS only.

Which I missed, and I actually enjoy it. To me, it feels more like being in real snow. Reminds me of snowmobiling in a snowstorm, as you move, it moves differently (or appears to) vs standing still.

I don’t know how many times I’ve died by being bitten by those little white worms that scuttle around on the floor in the middle of a snow storm. You cannot see the white enemies during a whiteout snowstorm! I don’t see how hardcore players do it, it’s so easy to die during one of these effects.

Right, and some like it. But it also causes nausea and vertigo in some players (like myself) as well. A toggle for original (old version) / minimal (current version) / off would be greatly appreciated. It can be done, but it’s work that may not be approved by management if deemed that it takes too long or too many resources.