Fix for Firebird

About my idea, I think I need to clarify some things.
First of all it is in the same direction as @Poconuts with some variation, I tried to draw some of the spirit of the existing set into it. My take is meant that you build a debuff on the enemies that works like a curse which gives the player a buff. Hope that clarifies my idea more.
Secondly we forgot that the set already has the mechanic to give full buff on elites. Hope I remember correctly, typing on mobile so I have no access to the game and the set right now.
Thirdly I also forgot another idea I would love to see worked and that is a permanent taunt on the mobs with full debuff. Correct me if I am wrong but I have the feeling that the mobs loses the debuff in the current set if and when they loose aggro, need your back up on this one as I havenā€™t confirmed it. If for instance there is change that makes the enemies follow you blindly, (intent to kill you), would make thing more interesting. Whether it getā€™s baked in the overignited or it is named fire frenzy donā€™t matter. If need be a 5% increased movement speed might make it even more so.

Next I was thinking whether keeping the set and itā€™s mechanics as is what might do the trick to make it viable for high GR.
In my opinion the above perma taunt is one thing.
After that changing the dot damage is the next. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but isnā€™t the set stating that the mobs get 1000% weapon damage per second? And at 3 stacks 3000% weapon per second until they die? Well the last I would suggest to be changed to x% max life per second. In my opinion that would do the trick.
These two changes would be a vast improvement.
Example: at 3% the inflicted would loose 30% life in 10 seconds only by the player kiting them.
As you understand it might need to be far less. The whole change as I envision it would be debuff a bunch of enemies start kiting and as soon as you think you have too many crop the herd.
Some of the previous ideas like the spreading would come in handy.
So letā€™s hear your criticism and try to answer which way you would prefer to go, a more direct damage or the dot model if beefed up?

I just saw what a wall I created, sorry for that! :wink:

Firebirds

problem #1: The DR bonus isnā€™t constant.
Problem #2: The damage of the 6 set is very low.
Problem #3: Weapon damage has poor scaling.

I donā€™t care how it works, as long as they fix these three issues. We could use Mammoth Hydra and Deathwish/ES/Serpent Sparker, and weā€™d have to use Magistrate in the Cube - and probably Taskerā€™s as well via RROG. Serpent

Sparkerā€™s new hydra modifier was a sizable buff to Firebirds, but youā€™re still better off playing LoN until the FB multiplier is at least 10,000%, but probably more like 15,000% because you have to use RRoG.

Or you could opt for the Meteor version, which would be Deathwish/ES/Vizier + Nilfurs instead of Magistrate.

This is how it should be designed, because you can play the set how you want as long as your using Fire. That's how it should be. No ridiculous Don Vu hoops to jump through, just flexibility and fun, as long as you're using Fire.

To be honest, Firebird is unlikely to see major overhauls, the most likely fix from Blizzard is to have the numbers bumped up. ie, damage per stacked increase to 500% or 600%.

At best, we can hope some of the more annoying issues can be resolved, and numbers bumped up. Completely redesign is unlikely, even though it should. Frankly, I will be happy with just the following:

(2) Set:
When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60 second cooldown.
(4) Set:
Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 5000% weapon damage as Fire per second for 3 seconds. This effect can be repeated a second and third time by different skills. If an enemy is burning due to three different skills simultaneously the enemy will Ignite, taking 15000% weapon damage per second until they die.
(6) Set:
Your fire damage is increased by 12000% and damage taken reduced by 60% as long as there is an enemy ignited.

Honestly I would be satisfied if they get rid of the:

• Requiring more than one fire spell to ignite an enemy
  • Needing to drag elites around.

Both of which could be done without a major overhaul.

1 Like

IMO, unless they radically change this setā€™s mechanics, it should just be removed from the loot table along with the DMO set :frowning_face:

Yeah that one is really rough. Why would you ever in a million years use it over LoN?

No, because it has a very limited supporting legendary. Does not realistically have a 2 set bonus. and most importantly has a weaker modifier then LoNā€™s 10,000% despite being a six piece set. Firebirdā€™s and DMO are absolute trash. Talā€™s is very, very limited in skill choice. You basically HAVE to use Frozen Mist, you HAVE to use Calamity, and you HAVE to use AT. The only real choice you have is whether you use Static Discharge or Flame Ward, and then you pick the other EB rune you donā€™t have. I literally jumped for joy when Don Vu was not on Diablo 4, but itā€™s possible I am not being fair to the man; apparently there was a cooperative effort on the set bonusesā€¦but I find it more likely one person suggested it and otherā€™s tweaked it with certain devs focused primarily on certain classes. Thatā€™s just logical.

The Vyr set is actually really good, except for mashing Arcane Explosion. Thatā€™s actually physically damaging. But thatā€™s the work of a moment to increase the damage by multiply damage and CD by 5, and make it generate 5 stacks of Archon. Done.

I completely agree with you on all of this, and the only reason I left Talā€™s out is because it at least allows for some creative incorporation of other sets and legendaries.

Spamming Arcane Explosion definitely needs looking at, as I can personally attest to the physical pain this causes for anyone seriously pushing during a season without a macro.

Iā€™m thinking the easiest/low-budget fix may be to disable the ability of Arcane Explosion to generate Archon stacks and just buff the set bonus to compensate.

Maybe we should make another thread about this & tag Nev or Matt in hopes we can get it changed with the next balance pass on Vyr set?