Fix Firebird and Tals Rasha

Firebird cannot be use in rift pushing anymore is to weak, Tals Rash was nerf unintended when nerfind star pack, #BringTals&Firebirdback :stuck_out_tongue:

The issues with Firebird are two-fold: first, the damage is too low. That much is obvious. But more important is that the current set mechanics are simply beyond horrible. I wouldn’t play this set, even at 12000% total damage buff. They need to redo this set completely. That being said, fixing Firebird begins with upping the damage but also entails changing the mechanic and redesigning its set dungeon to match it (many are forgetting this when they suggest new mechanics).

Tal Rasha is a little different - I posted an idea over there:

The main problem with Tal Rasha is that it forces you to spam useless skills to keep the resistances up, because with the current skills and items we have a real issue when we try to actually play a multielement/multiskill build. Tal Rasha should promote this, but it won’t because the dedicated items outweigh the set in terms of strength. You are just way better off pushing everything into a single attack skill. There is no incentive to actually use two or three different skills, let alone elements.

One thing would be interesting… If you could use the same skill multiple times but with different runes. For example Meteor:

Meteor Shower, Thundercrash, Star Pact and Comet.

If there was a mechanic (maybe part of Tal Rasha’s 2 piece bonus) that would allow us to add three or four different runes of the same skill in your bar then you could focus on e.g. Meteor and play that as a multielement build, given that a new SoJ would somehow raise all elemental damage buffs to the same level.

But sadly, I don’t see them doing anything close to this at all. Also this would require some thoughts regarding defense options.

2 Likes

Love your idea of using different runes with different elements! Can we get someone some love for this set? can we all wizard lovers unite and make this possible!?

I really loved the old mechanic where mobs would burn to death (without needing to apply 3 different skills). Those were fun days. Wish they’d bring it back.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, I doubt they will return firebird to the time when the burning aspect of the set dealt the most damage. However, I do believe that the requirement of needing more than 1 different fire attack to firebird was a bad move made. That as well as the elite dragging…

If they’re determined to keep the igniting effect; then they need to imo:

• Simplify it.
  • Make it so one fire skill would be enough to ignite an enemy.

Something like:

I dont know how it works, but is there anyway that by sharing our opinions we can make any difference and help restore wizzard´s builds?

all they have to do is change 4 piece effect to maximum hp, instead of the garbage 3000, make it 0.5% maximum hp (can be fine tuned), it will take 200 seconds to kill anything if wait for it.

put a time cap on it as well say 15s, so you have incentive to keep doing damage instead of kiting boss around the map.

Right now 3000% is a joke

1 Like