Firebird Magic Missle Toughness

I’m having trouble staying alive in T16 with Firebird Wiz. Orb of Infinite Depth doesn’t seem to be helping at all and I just get myself killed trying to get close enough to trigger it with Explosive Blast. I am not geared on my rings and neck yet, so I’m just rocking whatever I have that’s socketed, but I plan to go with Endless Walk over Squirts. I’m using Auguild’s as well. Should I be using Guardian instead? Would it help to slot Esoteric Alteration? I honestly don’t know how to solve this problem; I know it’s a squishy build in general but it should at least survive T16 right?

Good old Boon of the Hoarder and Goldwrap combo makes you invincible in torment as long as you keep picking up gold.

1 Like

Yes. Why bother with CC? You need cooldown and resource reduction for…? Guardians + Aughilds and I don’t even use Karini or OoID and never die in GR110.

Obviously you’d put those back on for pushing if you didn’t want to push with Tal’s, but for speeds not necessary.
The only downside is Aughilds or Guardian’s helm are PITAs to get a good one. But yeah unless you’re paragon 2.5 - 3k with very optimized gear shouldn’t ever think about taking Guardian’s off. It’s far too good not to use.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for that! I decided to keep Captain Crimson because CDR procs both it and the Gogok of Swiftness, but replacing Aughild with Guardian did MORE than enough work to keep me alive. That really is a huge survivability boost.

1 Like

Np, glad it’s working out for you :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s toughness is still underrated for whatever reason, it’s really night and day!