Fire bird isnt working correctlly

Hello, in my opinion i find bug.
I try many times to change skills,gear nothing work. Dont understund why.
Right now i got 3 pice fire bird and 5 talrash on hero. Talrash work always, is perfect. Fire bird second option is:

After hit anymy with 3 diffrend fire skills, monster will burn in the flame till he die.

I put on hero wempon with fire dmg use even 4 skills to try start that option, but nothing work. I use my skills, once i just use spells, once bassic spells but they just stay in the flame for moment till they on my screen and when they geting dmg. They have ikon from fire bird but after i left them to burn and die, nothing happends. I go (in game) 60m distance from burning anymy, wait 20-100 sec and go back to chcek they die or still burn. Then i saw mobs arent burn anymore, and still happy and a live.
I try use diffrents skills , diffrend elements, diffrend combinations, diffrend locations etc. Alwys is the same they stop burn. I remeber i played with this set few yers ago and even if i hero go next lvl, monster still die in flame, right now isnt working.
Plese help

The element type on your weapon is irrelevant to the damage type you do.
The rune on your abilities determines which element is used.
Let’s use Magic Missile as an example…

Charged Blast - it causes Arcane damage
Glacial Spike - it causes Cold damage
Conflagrate - it causes Fire damage

Regardless of what element forms the damage portion of your equipped weapon, the element of your abilities determine what element is causing damage to mobs, i.e. you could have a wand where the elemental portion is cold, but if you use Magic Missile / Conflagrate, you’ll be causing Fire damage.

You need to ensure that the abilities you have selected are using fire runes.

2 Likes

Obviously, Meteorblade is referring to the type of Damage your Skills do, which trigger the Firebird’s Set.

But, just for clarification, in Meteorblade’s example: You still do Cold Damage, but it’s just extra Damage. Magic Missile/Conflagrate does Fire Damage and triggers Firebird’s.

This is confirmed in the Firebird’s 4-piece Bonus description:

(4) Set:

• Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 1000% weapon damage as Fire per second for 3 seconds. This effect can be repeated a second and third time by different skills. If an enemy is burning due to three different skills simultaneously the enemy will Ignite, taking 3000% weapon damage per second until they die.