Final Service Failure

I was playing on my hardcore seasonal Necromancer and I got one shot by a pack and my final service didn’t proc.

Just checked what killed me and it reads: Slain by: Unknown

This is usually caused by a mob that reflects your own projectiles back at you.

If you had several projectiles reflected back at you, and 2 of them hit you in quick succession, then you might not even notice that you procced before dying, especially if you had any pets out, because you would not lose any health.

Mobs such as Dervishes and Sand Behemoths can reflect your own projectiles at 100% of your own damage.

I don’t believe I was attacking, but I could be wrong. Either way, does this mean the cause of death would display as “Unknown”? I’m hoping to have an official take a look at this. My Final Service did not proc.

Another reason for “unknown” is that the mob that killed you had already died at the time of the message was composed.

The game takes a screenshot when your HC died. Try to find it and figure out how he died.

The game cleared the buff/debuff bar at the time you died. So, the screenshot couldn’t be used to prove that FS didn’t proc. Unless you had captured a video, otherwise it is very difficult to give proof.