Final Push For Season 17 advice

This is the first season I have ever played, it has gone really well, I have had a lot of help, which had been/is very much appreciated

Can anyone suggest what to do for a final push before it ends on the 18th?

It’s not letting me add links, but my character is called primal if anyone wants to check it out.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Would like more dps, paragon and to survive higher grifts than level 80. I know I need better gear but that’s not really happening

Your resistances are very low, between 370 and 740. I recommend at least 800, better ~1000. Try replacing all emeralds on chest and pants to diamonds.

You have no Life per Hit on your gears. LpH is very good for UE because of the high attack speed. I used to have 20-30k LpH. Try rolling VIT on the bracers to LpH.

All Res and LpH helps you survive.

I will replace Awareness with Single Out or Cull the Weak to compensate the damage lost.

Hi DrWho345;

What is your end of season goal? We can help you gear specifically for that goal.

Primal is wearing GoldWrap and Boon of the Hoarder so I assume that this is not the gear you go into a GR with.

If this is your GR gear, then you should swap out GoldWrap with Witching Hour (attack speed) or Hunters Wrath (toughness) and Hoarder with Bane of the Powerful.

You have Cindercoat in the cube. Awesome choice if you have a high attack speed character and/or are running Gogok of Speed. Right now you might try Visage of Gunes for the added toughness.

Give CoE a shot in the cube also. The added DPS will really help you kill things before they kill you.

And lastly you have bat companion. Wolf for DPS or Boar for toughness would be a better choice for most instances.

Your gearing looks like you might have some issues maintaining hatred. Spend a little bit of time in town working on the tempo between Evasive Fire and MS to get into the habit of automatically keeping hatred up, Focus and Restraint proc’d and your wraps active.

Holler in game if you want.

Howdy bud!

I’ll be on later on this week to help fine tune your build if you don’t find help prior.

Chat to you soon.

Might I also add something a lot of folks forget, don’t look at or just disregard - properly gearing your follower can be a huge help.

Ideally equipping the Templar with

Ess of Johan (drops like candy from a piñata) to pull mobs and provide damage buff
Oculus (you have it - good, now roll the socket off for attack speed- gems do jack for followers, CDR means more heals/charges/etc)
Wydward ring (stuns from lightning…which is generated by—>)
Thunderfury Sword - lightning procs wydward and then Cull the Weak which I would use over Awareness.
Freeze of Deflection - another item to proc Cull…just upgrade some rare shields since mainstat is also useless on followers…they are there to buff you, not for DPS themselves.

You want to roll Attack Speed and Cooldown on all the follower gear

Cull the Weak will get procced by Wydward stuns and your MS attacks (with Thrill of the Hunt passive) so that extra damage is vital.

Look any of us up in game for helping hand/gear share (PMG#1510 is me)

Would also consider rolling the CHC on your helm to 15% MS…there’s another thread here about which to pick when you can only have one (CHC/Skill)…

Hi @Varadia

The reason for Goldwrap and BOTH was the toughness boost from getting gold, if anything my main goal was to get (like my character’s name implies) Primal stuff, mainly a Yang, and overpower my current DH when the season is over, with all the progress I have made from this season. I have been playing with @Jay and his clan, and that has really made a lot of difference.

I have a witching hour I use, for Grifts, I just have to keep remembering to switch the builds when I go to Grifts. I have never played season before this, so I don’t know what will happen when it finishes, or how much different my current DH will change after it’s over.

Thanks for the advice

@Jay thanks mate, i’ll be on the weekend probably, I cleaned out my Stash to try and make more room, when the season finishes

80’s shouldn’t be too much trouble with your build. As stated above, the Goldwrap and Boon are useless in GRs. Stricken or BotP will be an improvement. The passive on your Hellfire amulet is useless for the most part, maybe shoot for a better item with Ambush, Steady Aim or Singled Out as the passive. If you die a lot, try for a Visage of Gunes in the cube.

Yeah, sorry I haven’t been on lately, just been dealing with some family stuff so my free time has been murdered.

Good idea with getting your stash ready, all your seasonal stuff and xp will be merged with your normal stuff. You’ll be able to upgrade your older DH with the upgrades you found in season, and your paragon will increase. You will be stronger than ever.

One other thing, if you have questions or even just want to see when I think I’ll be on next, just message me through the bnet app. Even if I’m offline, I’ll see it when i next log on.

New season will be starting in approx a few weeks too. Lots of people will be playing.