Final Plea - Don't Nerf. Barb or Wiz. Here's why:

I’m not entirely sure why people keep referring to any further changes to the barb, before we see it in the game, positive or negative, as buffs or nerfs. However they decide to release the current barb build, will be how it’s released, no nerfs, no buffs, just as is.

1 Like

And it will not be a nerf in any case to live barbs. In patch 2.6.7, barbarians will be buffed significantly, even if that buff is not as strong as on the PTR/Public Test Realm that Blizzard uses for testing and finding bugs.

2 Likes

I’m a avid Witch Doctor player, And honestly… Jade Harvester could use a little push … Carni Zuni Darts isn’t something fun for me, yeah it’s cool shooting like 200 darts every 20 seconds, but that isn’t my play style… I love spirit walking haunting harvesting and listening to my Witch Doctor say his best Jim Carrey impressions :smiley:

But what they are doing to Wiz, I feel it shouldn’t be a huge difference in the nerf. I’ve played with some Wizards and they are made fast… Barbs on the other hand… Just die too quick. It’s almost laughable. Not all Barbs die this fast… Just a hand-full; I think they’re brain dead.

Just my 2-cents.

Can I ask you one question - why you compare PTR record set within 2-3 days from the start of PTR and live server record where wizard vyr chantodo has passed through several iteration - first it was lighting then cold now high GR are done using two-element build.
It was a long way before wizards were able to achieve 144. And anyone seriously pushes at PTR? Since when?? Nobody does that. When Blizzard buffed Chantodo set and there was PTR for testing it we did not see 140+ GR done with VyrChantodo . All that must be considered.

2 Likes

Nope Darkpator did 144 as wiz at 10k para.

1 Like

Let me ask you :
Do you know the difference between having 6k paragon points and 10k?
Besides, a Barbarian with 10k paragon points doing a 140, while other classes do the same with less paragon points says it all, not to nerf it. I wonder why it is allowed for all other classes to sit at 139-144 clears, while Barbarians are not?

Not 6k again. 144 was done with 10k para . Or you blind?
Anyway it is only 2-3 GR levels because monsters’ HP scales insanely. It is 1.17^x where x is number of GRs difference. So between 140 and 143 monsters have about 60% more HP. That is because main stat value diminishes. The more you have of it the less valuable it becomes.

Okay read…:
The test with Wizard vyr doing 140 was with 6k paragon points BACK THEN.
While now, a Barbarian with 10k paragon points did a 140.
There is a difference of roughly 4k paragon points, and that is a lot. Again, why advocate for nerfs for a class finally up on par with others.

Either stick to one comment at a time or don’t bother spam this thread.

1 Like

When was that TEST? Who did it. Was it done with 300+ms ping , wrong rune on a skill not optimal gear and on PTR? Can you elaborate on that ‘test’?

GR144 @ 10,000 clear with Wiz is on CURRENT ERA LIVE. The GR 140 @ 6000 was on the LAST PTR, which was still visible on the board THIS PTR. You had to look at the clear date to tell what was what.

I think that you are mistaken. The top clear on the PTR era leaderboard (that was not reset and as result still has all the old PTR records from patch 2.6.6) was 137 for wizards.

Who cares what Wiz or Barb doing GR150 solo i.e each class is only competing with themselves. If you’re running a Barb than you’re competing with another Barb and Wizard vice versa. Why does a Barb doing solo GR144 effect a Wizard doing solo GR140 kill the fun gameplay factor?

No argument on this. However in saying that as logical as it is, the problem many people are encountering no matter the skill or how long they have been playing the game, is nobody from Blizzard has actually clearly stated 'This is where the bar is’.

If you think about it, if they did that how many posts and threads on the exact topic would cease? Countless.

EDIT: Then when a new buff comes in ,for most people aware that Blizzard has set the bar, there are no surprises if it is over the bar and will be nerfed, or if it is under, they know the Dev’s will raise it.