FFXIV investment

Hey all,

Anyone here play Final Fantasy XIV? I don’t see me getting into it because it is an MMO, but with all the good word, it is kind of tempting. Never got into WoW, but did play Guild Wars 1 in the twilight of its life to earn rewards for GW2 before it released. Little did I know that GW1 was the fun part and GW2 was pretty meh. Given that I enjoy GW1 and like Final Fantasy games fairly well (only played FFVII, X, Crystal Chronicles, and playing XII now), is this something I should look into?

It sounds like it mostly avoids some of the MMO traps, such as the need to play every day or even the need to play very often and sink dozens of hours in every week.

I also played Destiny, which is MMO lite. one reason I stopped playing Destiny 2 was because of the feeling that I had to play every day or close to it, which both was annoying for life in general, and kept me from playing other games I wanted to play. I also hated that the best and most rewarding content was impossible to solo. I don’t necessarily mind not being able to solo, but there was no easy way to link up with others to beat these challenges, which made it very frustrating to even compete in.

TL:DR

I hate:

• timed (short period) content that disappears
  • feeling I need to play a game every day or close to it
  • not being able to access best content due to not having friends who play the game

Does FF XIV have those issues? I have done some research and it sounds pretty good in those ways, but wanted to see if anyone here had any more insight.