@Felix or anyone, About IK:WW

Or anyone who wants to chime in.

With the addition of Mortick’s, I’m assuming we can drop BoM, wear COE & Skull Grasp, still where HF Amy, and Cube Flavor of Time (no need for the perfect roll).

Seems like a decent improvement for IK:WW.

What say you?

Your issue will never be damage reduction on IK ww build. There are many options. The core problem and glaring issues is our damage output. For one the wastes set has a 10,000x multiplier on its set bonus. Ik only has a 4,000x multiplier. That is 40% the damage of the wastes set. WW barbs already go into battle at a disadvantage.

1 Like

Agreed.

I’m just saying that it’s nice to be able to keep our best HF w/ PHY%/CDC/CHC/SO. And not have to mess around w/ the FoT’s horrible rolls.

I didn’t try IK WW on PTR. I would have to go back on my old IK WW build and see if you can really increase DPS. You might be able to cube Echoing Fury as opposed to Furnace. Mortick’s might allow you to go Bloodshed as opposed to STPS. I can’t even remember which 3 rings I used. I might have had CoE in my build already. If you could drop BOM, FnR would probably be the way to go.

Yep. I’m going to use BS and DD, CoE & SoJ with Furnace for starters and see what happens.

Or

Could keep BoM, drop Aquila’s to cube Hexing. There only slight improvements, but improvements none the less.

FnR? Which generator skill?

Could then drop IAS on weps for damage%, if it doesn’t hinder WotB uptime.

Frenzy, I think.

F+R and Skull Grasp bloodshed :wink:

1 Like

Mortics will be great in this build, definitly my build for farming.

F+R is a 2.25x dmg boost if used 4100%×2.25=9225%. Which is below wastes.

Worth to test

1 Like

You can even add Aughild set in IK WW build, probably not crimson cuz you’ll be already perma-WotB, but yeah, IK WW with new items is a good try to go now

I actually am theory craft Captain Crimson’s w/ IK 2H BB. CDR is now a dmg multiplier. CDR will also help w/ WotB uptime since 2H alone doesn’t keep WotB up well. Will also use F&F. Cube Echoe, Flavor, and SG.

I have done the math since I just thought about it yesterday.

IMO IK set with spender skills, CDR is a useless stat in that set, you can focus in AD or IAS, or even more toughness if necesary.

I like more the idea of adding Aughild, because if you play with Bul-Khatos weapon, you don’t really need the Ancient Shoulders for Fury (and this build has 0% elite damage if you play with EF in cube, is a really good option against elites IMHO). You can also add pants and gloves for crimson, but I still think wearing magefist or swamp land pants is better option.

Problem with Aughild is it requires RoRG and provides little benefit comparatively.

Looking at IK-WW for instance, you’d want MoC and Mortick. If you go Aughild you can’t wear either, and then you can only Cube one. CoE/Skull Grasp with a HF/FoT or some combo is also optimal for your jewelry slots.

Sorry you feel that way. I don’t think it’s useless entirely. As I said earlier, with BB CDR will come in handy to keep WotB up and it’s also dmg multiplier. And you can still have AD.

Mantle of Channeling: Str/AR/CDR/AD

Gloves: CC/CHD/CDR/AD (Str will be made with Paragon)

F&F: CC/CHD/CDR/SO (Str will be made with Paragon)

So it’s not a total waste.

Crimson adds RCR which slows down your Berserker refreshes basically negating your CDR to an extent. Not to mention hurting your LpFS.

Barbarians really didn’t get much this patch.

Messerschmitt loses its functionality in higher GRs. Echoing Fury loses its functionality in higher GRs. Aughild/Crimson just don’t fit nicely with any builds. Giving up a ring slot for RoRG is bigger than most people recognize. I’m going to explore Stone Gauntlets more since the effect can be negated with Berserker, but even then I don’t see it fitting into any builds nicely.

I agree Jako. At best it might be good for fun farming. And it will look fun wielding a 2H w/ WW.

Jako, you may want to try Vile charge with Stone Gauntlets. I haven’t gotten around to trying it myself but it seems good on paper. I don’t know if it works well though.

Hmmm, how do you fit Stone Gauntlets into Vile Charge? Vile Ward is the Cubed item, and you have to go 5/3 IK/Raekor.

And actually I probably won’t get to explore Stone Gauntlets much. I’ll be busy the next few weeks. Maybe someone else will have done all the necessary leg work for me by then.

No idea how to fit it in. Just seems like a decent fit because you don’t worry about the movement loss or attack speed loss. Work some magic, it is theory crafting time.