Feels Like I'm Sinking

So, I started over again on the Switch.

I hit level 70 and immediately started trying to work towards my tier stuff (necro) and so far, I’m p78 and I’ve gotten nothing. I’ve tried the shards, upgrading rares - the whole shebang. My luck is so hilariously bad, that I’m still sitting with some items from the low 60’s that I can’t seem upgrade.

I managed to push myself into T4, elites can two shot me and I need nephalem glory to manage to kill elites. But I figured, “Why not? I should get a decent shot at the loots.”

Nope. Nothing. And now T4 is proving to be too much, because I guess enemies get stronger as you gain in paragon levels? Elites can now absolutely one shot me and normal packs are quite deadly.

It feels like I’m sinking. I can’t get good loot at low torment levels but I can’t push it any higher, because my luck simply hasn’t permitted me anything worth a fig.

Any help? Ideas? Suggestions?

You want to run at a difficulty where a normal Rift takes about 5 ish minutes to complete.

With the seasonal LoN buff, it might be easier to run T4 with no sets, and 5-7 ancients.

I’m not playing seasonal.

Also, most of my gear is rare/yellow. Because my luck has been hysterically bad. Since hitting 70 and running T1-4 I’ve seen exactly three upgrades.

No set pieces.

No ancient stuff.

None of that. Shards get me rare stuff. Upgrading rares gets me legendary pieces so bad I have to blow them up. (Not only are they a statistical downgrade from my rares, they might have a useless effect on them.)

You might want to try making a seasonal character and do the first 4 chapters of the season journey for the free set. (Even if you only get through the first 3 chapters, which only requires level 70 and Master difficulty, you’ll still get 4 pieces which still help.) As the season is ending in less that two weeks, you don’t have long to wait before anything you gain moves over to non-season and you can continue there.

1 Like

If you are willing to re-roll, poping over to seasonal to do the first bit of the season journey is a good way to get a basically ‘free’ set, as has already been mentioned.

One thing to consider about pushing to your limits though is that it’s actually really BAD for loot gains. The difference between Normal difficulty and T4 for legendary item drop is 75% more in T4… but the enemies in T4 have 3,355% health and 1,208% damage - thirty three times as much health and twelve times as much damage! And all that for just 75% more legendaries per kill - which brings me to the point:

The best legendary item gains (and to a lesser extent experience/gold) will be at a difficulty you can clear relatively easily. Earlier someone said you want to lower the difficulty to be able to do a rift in 5minutes or so. I’d go even further and lower difficulty until you can fairly consistently one shot whole packs of enemies. You can rip through a few rifts fast as you like then and should find getting that first empowering legendary or two isn’t all that hard.

1 Like

Another tip is to start doing some greater rifts as soon as you have the keys for them. The lower rifts aren’t that hard (GR 10 is about Torment 1) and they have a decent drop rate for items and blood shards. (Generally better than the equivalent normal rift.) You’ll also start getting legendary gems, some of which can make a huge difference once you start getting them leveled up.

2 Likes