FB on top again

Looks like Gazing Demise nerf is retrospective this time going by this comment: Gazing demise 2.7 - #4 by AticsMathma-1367

edit: Confirmed post update - GD retrospectively applied to post 2.6.8 GDs. Pre 2.6.8 GDs still a unique item with the old description.

Tried GR 70-75 coop with the quick mundunugu build put together pre-patch… was ok for 3 mins clears … GR 80 pushing back to 3m40s. GR75-80 coop pre-patch were an easy 2-3 minutes.

So after 3 days i’m pretty happy with the emanate system as it is. Unfortunately it isn’t connected to the armory. So you have to manually change items for your follower, if you want to use the same Follower.

For Firebirds, i’ts an awesome build now for nearly every purpose. Speed GR, Push and bounties too. It’s a bit slower than GoD or Whirlrend, but you can go min. 5 tiers higher without any toughness issues.

Edited: Simultaneous casting of two spenders is still possible. Sorry my fault!

Chantodo-FB doesn’t work, the destruction wave doesn’t proc 6pc. Interesting is, that most console players use Twisters to proc 6pc for pushing and on PC it’s only Mirror Images. Maybe it has to do with the survivability of the MI’s, which seems higher on PC. I had no chance past 120 to get my images survive without Enforcer. Until 115-118 MI’s are much smoother than Twisters even without Enforcer.

I did GR130 with MI on PC. Consoles will exploit bug of casting twisters while channeling disintegrate.

Archon/Vyr teleport is bugged and causes rubber band issues. Hopefully that gets fixed next season.

I think major reason for twisters is, that they “don’t die” and players are familiar with. But i didn’t tried Enforcer (next step) for MI, because i dislike they button smashing playstyle of Twister-FB.

Edit: Enforcer works (Damage bonus not! MI are not considered as pets). MI don’t die too fast. And Single Target they are much stronger.

Whuut? As i said console!

Reall? That is pretty significant…but indeed Twisters with FB are top on console.

No i was wrong. If you hold both buttons down, it still works. Twisters still the best for pushing, as Enforcer doesn’t increase DMG of Mirror Images. For speeds they rule.

1 Like

I put a few bits together from storage yesterday and ran FB with MI to see what it felt like for a few speeds.

While trying a couple of different semi-active local coop builds tagging along, it was killing t16 / GR 75 pretty much instant, just with that 2 step process of applying a debuff via a rotating beam then proccing the 6pc. Tried to GR100 so far… GR 90 was still insta-killing RG.

Otherwise rotating the beam with the controller and the teleport animation felt like the only speed constraints comparing it to some other builds recently used for speeds. In nice density maps the disintegrate element seemed more noticeable.

It seems like a pretty fun build and it’s nice to have mobility on the wiz.

The 5 FB pieces and weapon are ancients with mostly the right affixes, no augs, crimson and aughild were quickly crafted with just the essential affixes. Squirts needs work, SoJ / obsidian are good. 2k paragon.

Seeing pros and cons with running follower vs running a semi-active coop build indicating there is at least some balance here now. It seems situational which one weighs in more useful.

As a casual solo player i welcome any changes towards solo play. The emanate is the 1st step. 60% more XP trough Cains, HF-Ring and Ruby. More utility trough Nemesis and FoT. HC friendly trough “extra” cheat death.

FB will be nerfed after this season for sure, but actually it’s hell out of fun.

And it’s a kind of new playstyle as “most” skill multipliers have no influence, so u can freely choose which playstyle you prefer.

Hydras, EB, Blades, Meteors, MI’s or Twisters, up to you. And you can incorporate CC, Aughilds and/or EW. No actual set has this variety. Even Disintegrate rune is up to you.

I think it’s good they’ve made some moves to support solo play more too.

I feel that I’ve been getting substantial benefits using local coop on the second controller… just got to take some time to set it up so you’re at least making the semi-active player carry it’s weight as the mobs get a bit tougher with it.

It’s good there are viable alternatives that bring some of the bigger benefits and also some competing benefits.